I have had five (!) Xbox headsets - The Turtle Beach X12 which were brilliant but just too many cables, the Turtle Beach XC1 which became uncomfortable after 30 mins or so, obviously the Microsoft included ones which are just terrible, some little over the ear thing which wasnt worth the plastic it was made of and finally this Microsoft Bluetooth headset and having used it for the first time yesterday i am blown away. Here is why:
1) It looks brilliant and feels sturdy and well made yet is still lightweight
2) Pairing it to the Xbox takes just a few seconds (make sure you are connected to xBox live when you do so)
3) The sound quality is EXCELLENT on both sides with people telling me it is just as clear as the Turtle Beach X12's.
4) It is incredibly comfortable to wear for long durations - I had a 4 hour session yesterday with no problems!
5) The battery seems superb as even after 4 hours, the battery is still showing as full
6) You can check the battery levels on your screen by pressing the controllers home button
7) Charging is easy via the USB port on the back of the xBox
8) You can mute the mic simply by pressing the headset - the whole thing is like one big button so no more searching along cables for the control box
9) You can use it with your phone
Seriously, i dont know why so many people are having problems with this headset. i am SUPER picky when it comes to things like this and i really cant find a single fault with it. Buy it, follow the instructions and you wont regret it!