on 3 May 2011
I'm part of a customer adoption team and getting the most out of SharePoint out-of-the-box is very important to our company. We are just moving over to SharePoint 2010 and therefore I need to get up to speed quickly as our team will need to support our users in the new environment - so I bought a copy of this book.

I can not recommend this book highly enough. It leads you through the exercises with just the right balance of screenshot and explanation. I love the two chapters on workflows and the appendix on administration tasks proved really useful as that is not my area of expertise. It is also a very good reference book and gives enough background to understand why things are as they are in SharePoint.

Buy this book if like me you have to support users who want to do more than the browser allows them to do, also if you are a business user who traditionaly builds solutions with other Office products and have SharePoint in your organisation - then you should buy it too.
on 9 December 2011
not great light bedtime reading, but if you're hoping to teach yourself sharepoint, this will take you through it step by step, and deal with some of the common problems you'll experience when using Designer. Worth the money, but only if you're prepared to do alot of the learning on the fly
on 25 June 2013
I bought the book in the hope of getting a basic grounding in SharePoint as quickly as possible. I did not realise I needed site collection owner access to use the main sample files. Use of the book without its sample files is fairly pointless, and thus as a reference it is poor.

There is no real reason why such access is required for most of the sample files.

It might be a good book, I don't know, I could not say. Buyers, beware!

Update - now I have site collection access, yup, it is not so bad, but there is still a fair bit of smoke and mirrors. Plus I think one might need to persuade one's administrators to allow access to RSS feeds, etc.

Do Microsoft now own O'Reilly? That would be a shame.
on 4 September 2012
As a Sharepoint administrator for several years I now have it on my computer at home. I had the previous version and found it useful. This one will do the same service. It arrived safely and in good condition. Thank you
on 12 April 2012
Must have - Whenever you get bored - Read a chapter or two and you can't go wrong.

Nice illustrations and perfect walkthrough.
on 15 July 2013
I haven't started working through this book but I have skimmed through and it looks like a very simple but comprehensive introduction to SharePoint Designer. My company has just implemented a new intranet using SharePoint Foundation 2010 and I have downloaded and installed the free version on my personal laptop. Currently working through SAM's "Teach yourself SharePoint Foundation 2010 in 24 hours". Once I have completed this I plan to work through the exercises in this book.
on 3 August 2014
As I'm a novice to SharePoint and indeed SharePoint designer 2010! This is a learning curve for me - and learning alongside other software needed to do my present job. This means I'm only touching small parts of this book and have yet to get around to the rest as 'we read when we need'!

No doubt I'll update - down the line.So far pretty good.
on 6 November 2014