Build robust solutions for business collaboration-using SharePoint 2010
Sharpen your development skills with this practical reference to Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Written by enterprise-development expert Paolo Pialorsi, this book shows you how to develop real-world business solutions, using techniques to extend and customize the SharePoint environment with Microsoft Visual Studio® 2010.
Discover how to:
- Write robust code for SharePoint solutions using the Server Object Model
- Extend the UI to customize menus, ribbons, and controls for intranets, extranets, and Internet sites
- Query and manage items in SharePoint lists using the LINQ-to-SharePoint provider
- Develop custom workflows using Visual Studio 2010 or SharePoint Designer 2010
- Delve into advanced solutions, such as connectable Web Parts and asynchronous programming
- Create security-enhanced code for SharePoint using sandboxed solutions
Get code samples on the web
For system requirements, see the Introduction.