From the Back Cover
CREATE ROBUST DATA MANAGEMENT AND BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE APPLICATIONS
Build powerful, enterprise-wide database programs using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and the comprehensive information contained in this definitive volume. Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer's Guide explains how to develop server-side and client-side database applications and analyze business intelligence data. All of the brand-new features are covered in-depth -- including .NET CLR Integration, Reporting Services, Integration Services, Notification Services, and Service Broker. Real-world examples and practical tips detail how to use SQL Server 2005 as a cross-tier database platform with Visual Studio 2005, create custom management scripts with SQLCMD, and improve performance with SQL Profiler.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS FOR DATABASE PROFESSIONALS
- Use SQL Server Management Studio and Business Intelligence Development Studio
- Write stored procedures and use T-SQL Data Definition Language (DDL) and Data Manipulation Language (DML)
- Create custom database objects with .NET CLR
- Build enterprise database applications using ADO, ADO.NET, and ADOMD.NET
- Develop and deploy SQL Server Integration Services packages
- Design enterprise reports using Reporting Services and Report Builder
- Integrate cross-platform data using XML and Web services
- Extend SQL Server manageability using SQL Management Objects (SMO)
About the Author
Michael Otey (Portland, OR)
is Senior Technical Editor of SQL Server 2000 Magazine
and co-author of SQL Server 2000 Developer's Guide
and SQL Server 7 Developer's Guide.
He is the president of TECA, Inc., a software development and consulting firm.