Your hands-on, step-by-step guide to building applications with Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012
Teach yourself the programming fundamentals of SQL Server 2012—one step at a time. Ideal for beginning SQL Server database administrators and developers, this tutorial provides clear guidance and practical, learn-by-doing exercises for building database solutions that solve real-world business problems.
Discover how to:
- Install and work with core components and tools
- Create tables and index structures
- Manipulate and retrieve data
- Secure, manage, back up, and recover databases
- Apply techniques for building high-performing applications
- Use clustering, database mirroring, and log shipping
About the Author
Patrick LeBlanc is a Data Platform Technical Solution Professional at Microsoft, working directly with customers on the business value of SQL Server. He co-authored SharePoint 2010 Business Intelligence 24-Hour Trainer and Knight’s Microsoft Business Intelligence 24-Hour Trainer, and founded www.sqllunch.com, a website devoted to teaching SQL Server technologies.