on 29 March 2014
I write a monthly 24 page magazine for a classic car club and Publisher does everything I need it to do. It is easy to use and if you know MS word then you will soon get to grips with it. My only minor complaint would be that there are all sorts of things that appear on the screen which I assume are advisories to let me know I have made an error but for the life of me I have no idea what they mean. For example there is a thing that looks like a steaming mug of coffee. Absolutely no idea what that means. You can hover the mouse over it but it still won't reveal its purpose. Perhaps I should have a tea break? Sometimes you get a really thick bold line at the top of the page, again no idea what it means. I just ignore all of these warnings and the magazine which I have now produced 27 issues of comes out fine every time. Like the other reviewers I do like the ability to shrink down publication size when you're making documents to send to a commercial printer as I do.
on 20 January 2013
My current computer did not come with Publisher as standard and I was lost without it as I find WordArt just doesn't do it for me. I am able to do such things as make up my own cards using Publisher and sending them out electronically to friends - so saving on postage too. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Publisher enables you to do so much that would not be possible in Word.
on 14 January 2013
This product is something of an industry standard, so it certainly works satisfactorily. However, I have found that Word 2010 gives me the functions I use (mainly diagram drawing), so I don't actually use it.. Do check your requirements against Word before buying Publisher.
on 31 May 2011
I'm not a frequent Publisher user and hadn't up-dated my version from Office 2000 until buying Publisher 2010 recently. The improvement is dramatic and I'm delighted with the new software. The 2010 version uses the ribbon-based tool system now well established in Word, Excel and Power Point since 2007 and with which I was therefore familiar, and it works superbly for Publisher. Another delight is the extremely powerful and flexible facility to convert the files to pdf or xps. My version installed from the DVD without problems and has given none since. A very satisfied customer!
on 3 June 2013
Very pleased with my purchase, arrived in good time. I'm undertaking a computer course which includes desktop publishing and, because I have installed this on my computer it is a great help with my course.
on 15 January 2013
I am used to using much more sophisticated design software than this but in this instance I just needed a back to basics piece of software that did simple editorial function. This software fit the bill perfectly and is very use friendly.
on 6 October 2011
I bought this package for my new computer because I had already been using a previous version and was very happy with it. There are a lot of changes in the new version which I am still getting used to, but overall it is as good as the old one. One useful feature which seems to be missing is the ability to size text automatically to the size of the box, but I am happy to forgo this in return for so much else the package offers.
on 20 June 2010
This iteration of Publisher finally get's Microsoft's 'ribbon' (the replacement for the toolbar that first appeared in the rest of the Office suite (barring Outlook and Publisher itself) in 2007. That's something you'll either love or hate, but with 2010's version, the ribbons are all customisable, so you can make it suit the way you work.
There's a new 'Page Navigation' pane, which is helpful in getting an overview of the document (and rearranging pages if you want), and Publisher's photo-editing is - at last - the same as Word's (since 2007 small documents actually could be made to look better in Word!).

The greatest reason to choose Publisher as well as Word is when you're making documents to send to a commercial printer, when you can choose the "Save for Commercial Printer" command - outputting pdfs at a higher resolution than the Office/Word 'print to pdf' command. It's also better with bleeds (commercial printers all want a 3mm or 5mm 'bleed' around your document, and you'll need to see how it looks with the bleed.

Overall, it's a good, mid-range dtp program that has been - finally - updated properly. I found it a worthwhile upgrade from Publisher 2007. In terms of market 'pitch', I now much prefer Publisher to Serif (the look and feel is more modern, I find the program quicker in use, and it has a quick learning curve). For high-end use I'd still look to Adobe, but it should suit the small-medium size business perfectly. Amazon's price is very good too (undercutting Microsoft's download price at time of writing)
0Comment|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2010
Used earlier versions and always liked the software. New version better by far in every respect. Easy to use, lots of features allow quick, quality publications to be created.Microsoft Publisher 2010 (PC DVD)
on 3 June 2014
I had bought this product in March and had worked very well, would have deserved the 5 stars I had rated it. But recently my computer (laptop) went down, it has got fixed but I cannot reinstall my 109 pound product as it says the product key is not valid anymore! I had used this expensive program for about 2 months and now I can throw it in the bin as it is useless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!