Learn the foundation of cloud computing and how to build your own Microsoft private cloud
Written by a team of expert authors who are MVPs and leaders in their respective fields, this one-of-a-kind book is an essential resource for IT administrators who are responsible for implementing and managing a cloud infrastructure. You’ll quickly learn how cloud computing offers significant cost savings while also providing new levels of speed and agility.
Serving as a how-to guide, Microsoft Private Cloud Computing walks you through building a secure, internal cloud and delivering it as a service to your company using Microsoft Windows Server Hyper-V and Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012.
- Walks you through the entire process: understanding cloud computing, understanding the Microsoft concept of a private cloud, deploying a private cloud fabric, deploying services, and building a private cloud, as well as integrating it with Microsoft’s public cloud to create a cross-premises or public cloud
- Discusses fabric management with System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) 2012
- Examines how to provide network and storage with VMM 2012
- Looks at the VMM library configuration
- Discusses private cloud and cloud service management with Microsoft App Controller
Microsoft Private Cloud Computing is a must-have comprehensive resource that covers all aspects of implementing a private cloud.
From the Back Cover
An Essential Resource for Implementingthe Hottest Technology in IT The next step in the evolution of business computing has gone to the cloud. With the significant cost savings and performance boost that it offers, more companies are turning to private clouds and need IT professionals who understand the infrastructure. This how-to guide walks you through the technology and shows you how to build a secure, internal cloud using Microsoft Windows Server® Hyper-V® and Microsoft System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM). Learn how to implement and manage a virtualization environment and prepare for the future of Windows Server computing. Explore the new capabilities of VMM for System Center 2012 Set up, configure, and deploy VMM to meet your business needs Create, add, modify, configure, or remove the different Fabric components Add library servers and library shares to your environment, then scan for compliance Manage private clouds through their life cycle while provisioning access to both the VMM and Library resources Interact with your newly formed private cloud through the interfaces offered in VMM Focus on the applications that will be hosted on your private cloud