For All Life’s Opportunities
Proof of eligibility required after purchase to use this software,
Create outstanding homework. Collaborate with teammates. Work from virtually anywhere. Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 lets you manage your world, your way, and offers the world’s best Office for Windows compatibility. Includes 2011 versions of: Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, and Outlook®.
Restrictions: This product is restricted for sale to university students and university faculty only. Proof of eligibility is required online before you can use this software. Please ensure that you are eligible to use this product before purchasing.
Word for Mac 2011: Create visually rich newsletters, brochures, and documents in Publishing Layout view.
Excel for Mac 2011: Spot trends with new Sparklines, small charts that fit in a single cell.
PowerPoint for Mac 2011: Move beyond the conference room and broadcast your presentations online.
What’s New and Improved
- Ribbon: Access favorite commands quickly, and personalize your workspace
- Office Web Apps*: Post, edit, and share files from virtually anywhere
- Coauthoring: Simultaneously edit a file with authors in multiple locations
- Template Gallery: Visually select the perfect template for your next project
- Photo Editing: Remove backgrounds or add color filters right within PowerPoint
- Full Screen View: Use full screen to maximize space for reading and writing
- Presentation Broadcast: Broadcast a presentation instantly online, even to people without PowerPoint
- Improved Publishing Layout View: Create visually rich newsletters, brochures, and documents easily
- Sparklines: Create small charts in a single cell to discover patterns in your data
- Visual Basic Support: Automate repetitive tasks by programming your favorite commands
- Dynamic Reordering: Rearrange layers of text, photos, and graphics quickly
* Requires a Windows Live® ID, internet connection and supported browser.
Included Programs and Top Features
Microsoft Office for Mac adds rich new features to the familiar Office applications you already know, helping you to manage your home and schoolwork the way you want. Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Student 2011 is licensed for home and student use on 1 (one) Mac and is not intended for commercial use. It includes:p>
Word for Mac 2011
Word for Mac 2011 helps you structure your ideas, market your business, and create everything from a murder mystery to a holiday newsletter, with style. Then save, edit, and share online.
Get more new features with Word for Mac 2011:
- Create visually rich newsletters, brochures and documents easily with enhanced desktop publishing.
- Instantly see the Styles applied in your document, enabling great-looking documents with consistent, recurring formatting.
- Collaborate with others and simultaneously edit the same document from different computers in different locations with new coauthoring tools.
- Post, access, edit, and share your files from virtually anywhere. Word is now integrated with Windows Live SkyDrive, so that your documents can be stored, viewed, edited, and shared in the cloud from any computer with Internet access. Supported browsers include Internet Explorer on Windows, Safari on Mac or Windows, and Firefox on Mac. or Windows
Excel for Mac 2011
Excel for Mac 2011 helps you analyze, organize, and manage all your data and lists. Then save, edit, and share online. Get more new tools with Excel® for Mac 2011:
- Highlight data trends by creating data charts in a single cell with new Sparkllines.
- Analyse data quickly. Highlight specific data with new and improved conditional formatting options.
- Post, access, edit and share your files from virtually anywhere with Excel Web App and SkyDrive.
PowerPoint for Mac 2011
PowerPoint for Mac 2011 helps you build and share rich and professional presentations, with engaging new features like narration and presentation broadcast. Then save, edit, and coauthor online. Get more new features including:
- Crate visually rich presentations by touching up your photos right in PowerPoint. Remove backgrounds or add colour filters, all with just one click.
- Broadcast your presentation online with new Broadcast Slide Show.
- Easily reorder layers of text, photos and graphics throughout your presentation.
Outlook for Mac 2011
Microsoft Outlook, the leading e-mail system on the market, enables you to consolidate your PC-based e-mail and tasks into your Mac inbox, unifying your work and home messages, contacts, calendars, and more. Get features including:
- Consolidate all your e-mail, from work and home, into a single folder. Streamline all your messages into one place, use one address book instead of many and never lose track of where or how you're working.
- Condense long e-mail threads under a single subject, freeing up your inbox.
- See your schedule displayed right in the meeting invitation. Users can also have more than one calendar, open others' calendars, and view calendars by side with each.
- Easily migrate to Outlook for Mac from Windows using the simple .PST import tool.
To run Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Student 2011, your computer must meet the following system requirements:
- A Mac computer with an Intel processor
- Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later
- 1 GB of RAM recommended
- 2.5 GB of available hard disk space
- HFS+ hard disk format (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus)
- DVD drive or connection to a local area network (if installing over a network)
- 1280 x 800 or higher resolution monitor
Additional items or services are required to use some features
- Certain online functionality requires a Windows Live ID
- Certain features require Internet access (fees may apply)
- Exchange support in Outlook 2011 requires connectivity to Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP1 RU4 or later.
- Access to files stored on a sharepoint requires connectivity to Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server 2007 or later.
- Co-authoring requires SharePoint 2010 or a Windows Live ID.