Set 500 years after the original game, Fable 2 offers even more choices and features, while building on the core gameplay theme of Fable where every choice continually defines who you become, allowing you to truly live the life you choose.
- Choices, consequences. The innovative gameplay pioneered in the original Fable provided gamers with a never-before-seen level of immersion in a truly interactive world. Fable 2 expands upon the scope and depth of the Xbox classic by adding incredible new features and creating a wider, more complex kingdom of limitless choices and consequences.
- A land far, far away. Revisit the sprawling world of Albion more than 500 years after the events of the original Fable, where you are free to explore the landscape and openly roam the countryside. For the right price every house, hut, dungeon and castle is for sale.
- Fight with ease. Fable 2 pioneers a new combat system designed to allow players to truly master hand weapons such as swords and maces, ranged combat weapons such as bows and guns, and an entirely new magic system. These three disciplines, while very accessible, are also amazingly deep, and allow players to mix combat styles and become everything from master swordsman to skilled ranger to evil magic wielder.
- A hero's best friend. This groundbreaking addition to the game is integral to the theme of unconditional love in Fable 2. The canine companion will act as friend, compass and protector. Players must merely feed their pooch and he will love unconditionally, creating a bond that sets up emotion-filled journeys all throughout this magical world.
- Experience the world together. For the first time in the Fable series, gamers can experience the expansive and immersive world of Fable 2 with friends, utilising the new and exciting Dynamic Co-Op Mode, bringing the long-awaited multiplayer function to the world of Fa
Carve out a virtual life for yourself as hero or villain in the fantasy world of Fable II
, where nothing is pre-determined. Create your own character, male or female, and control them over their whole lifetime. Watch as they grow up and then make the tough moral choices that will affect their abilities and how the world sees them.
| Some cities are huge, with a complex infrastructure for you to exploit |
| Acting for good or evil can have a permanent physical effect on your features |
| Guns are commonplace, but swordfighting is still vitally important |
| Not all your enemies are human in the world of Fable |
Set in the land of Albion 500 years after the first game (such that primitive guns are now in widespread use), you can either seek to rid the land of evil or conquer the realm for yourself. The game features an all new combat system, allowing you to use a range of melee and ranged weapons, while death brings only a loss of experience.
But the game need not be about fighting at all if you don’t want it to be. You can buy property and become a mayor, or get married and have children. Many games call themselves role-players, but here the nature of your role is entirely up to you. Key Features
About the Developer: Lionhead Studios
- Game of life: Mould your own character and watch them grow into adulthood, their features changing according to the deeds they perform for good or evil.
- Virtual reality: Will you be a charming evil doer or an antisocial hero? The role you play is entirely up to you as you follow the game’s story or ignore it to do your own thing.
- New age of combat: Wield a huge range of weapons, including swords, axes, and newly available muskets. Or master a range of magic spells with up to 80 different varieties available.
- Team up: Invite a friend into your game at any time and play with them in co-operative mode.
- Best friend: Every character gets a chance to own a pet dog, one who will help you to find your way through the game world, attack enemies, or just be a good friend.
Headed by industry veteran Peter Molyneux, creator of the famous Populous
and Theme Park
, Lionhead are one of the UK’s best known developers. They were bought by Microsoft in 2006 and now produce games such as Black & White
, The Movies
, and Fable
only on Xbox 360 and PC.