Create a Highly Available Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Environment
Written by the technical director for SQL Server Magazine, this expert guide shows you how to implement clustering and database mirroring in SQL Server 2008. Learn proven techniques for ensuring zero database loss, avoiding system downtime, and providing instant data backups. Filled with detailed instructions, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 High Availability with Clustering & Database Mirroring takes you from planning to management of a robust high availability solution.
- Configure Windows Failover Clustering
- Set up the Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator on a two node failover cluster
- Install SQL Server 2008 on your cluster
- Handle cluster management and backup
- Configure and manage database mirroring for high availability
- Implement Hyper-V virtualization and Live Migration
- Manage a SQL Server virtual machine
Michael Otey is the technical director for SQL Server Magazine and Windows IT Pro and the bestselling author of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer's Guide, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 New Features, and several other books. He is president of TECA, Inc., a software development and consulting company.