Plan your ultimate trip, from sightseeing to petrol stops
Plan your perfect trip. Microsoft® AutoRoute with GPS Locator includes the same software and functionality as AutoRoute, but adds a sleek, compact GPS receiver so you can plan your journey and track your location in real-time.
AutoRoute is the travel planning software that helps you get accurate directions, easily explore new areas and find the services you want and need along the way. Customisable trip planning options help you plan your travel to multiple destinations or quickly alter your route by just dragging and dropping it on your map. Points of interest are easy to browse and add to your journey. Personalise and save your maps, adding drawings, notes and pushpins with important information or import your contacts directly from Microsoft Office Outlook and Excel. On or off-line, AutoRoute gives you detailed door to door directions and more than 5 million miles of navigable roads and motorways throughout Europe at your fingertips.
· Updated maps for Eastern and Western Europe: 37 countries covered.
· Find your way quickly and easily by entering an address, postcode or place to get maps and step-by-step directions for your journey.
· Simple to plan the perfect trip, including multiple stops, points of interest (POI), and start and stop times.
· Flexible trip planning options like custom start times, driving speeds and rest breaks.
· Tailor your trips by driving speeds, and road types to avoid motorways, or to choose a more scenic route.
· More points of interest find inspiration for destinations and find the services you need—without an Internet connection—choose from 1.5 million points of interest.
· View the quickest routes with one-click trip optimization.
· Add pushpins to mark places of interest—especially helpful on longer journeys.
· Optimise your trip by calculating mileage, time, and expenses in advance.
With AutoRoute with GPS Locator you receive all of the above features, plus:
· Simple to use automatic re-routing and one-click reverse routing.
· Navigation on the go Navigation map view (3D-view)
· Easy to see full screen display for easier reading of maps and directions on your laptop
· GPX file support, so you can import (and export) GPS navigation data—such as waypoints, routes and route points
· Compact GPS receiver gives you the flexibility to travel cable-free. Just plug it in and go!
· Choose roads while you're traveling or make fast changes to your route while you're navigating in real time just by dragging and dropping.
· Dynamic turn view automatically zooms to the best view as your approach turns.
· Night map view for a conventional road map that you can view in low light conditions.
· Estimated remaining driving time and distance to your next stop and to your destination while navigating.
To use Microsoft® AutoRoute 2011, you need:
Additional items or services are required to use certain features:
1An English Text-To-Speech engine is shipped with the product