Microsoft® AutoRoute makes it easy to plan the perfect trip. When planning your holiday or business travels, Microsoft AutoRoute lets you focus on your destination and enjoy the ride. AutoRoute is the customisable travel planning software that provides accurate directions, helps you easily explore new areas, and find the services you want and need along the way.
Plan your complete trip including multiple destinations, rest stops, scenic detours, petrol stops, and more. On or off-line, AutoRoute gives you detailed door-to-door directions and more than 5 million miles of navigable roads and motorways throughout Europe right at your fingertips. Personalise and save your maps, adding drawings, notes and pushpins with important information or import your contacts directly from Microsoft Office Outlook and Excel.
• NEW - Updated maps for Eastern and Western Europe: 37 countries covered
• NEW - New intuitive user interface
• NEW - Maps seamlessly update as you cross country borders
• NEW - Identify one-way streets at a glance
• NEW - Easily delete or hide groups of pushpins
• NEW - Save time by setting your map to always start at a particular location
• IMPROVED - Includes over a million points of interest including post offices, pharmacies, restaurants, petrol stations, ATMs and more
• IMPROVED - Now comes with more than 300 unique pushpin images to choose from
• IMPROVED - Choose roads to use on your trip or make fast changes to your route just by dragging and dropping the route
• IMPROVED - Includes over 5 million miles of navigable roads and motorways throughout Europe
• NEW - Use Bing Maps to find more places
AutoRoute makes it easy to plan your trip in 37 Western and Eastern European countries, with more than 5 million miles of navigable roads and motorways.
AutoRoute Makes Trip Planning Easy
Use the route planner to help you plan your trip. You can create multiple stops - and even add stops or change your route along the way. For trips with multiple stops, let AutoRoute optimise the route to get you there even faster. Use pushpins to mark a single place, or to represent data you've imported to the map.
- Customisable Driving Preferences and Maps
AutoRoute provides you with the flexibility to choose how you would like to travel. Change your preferred road types, petrol costs, driving speeds, and frequency of stops. Then customise your maps with imported symbols, icons, pictures, graphics or logos.
See what there is to do along the way. With more than a million points of interest, including hotels, historical sites, post offices, pharmacies, restaurants, cash machines, nightclubs, golf courses, railway stations, and much more. No matter what you or your family wants to do, you can make the most of your trip.
- All of your travel notes in one place
Personalised notes can be added to your maps. With addresses, phone numbers and other notes alongside your planned stops, you'll have all the information you need in one handy place.
Which Version of AutoRoute is Right for You?
Turn your laptop into a navigation device*
For spoken directions** and turn-by-turn navigation, consider AutoRoute with GPS Locator. It has all the same features, but adds a sleek GPS receiver making your laptop or netbook a navigation device.*
* GPS functionality requires a GPS device that supports NMEA 2.0 or later. GPS device is sold separately/not included with AutoRoute Standard.
** Verbal driving directions are available in English only.
You must accept the enclosed License Agreement during software setup before you can use the software accompanying this product.
To use Microsoft® AutoRoute, you need:
• PC with 300 megahertz or higher processor clock speed
• Windows Vista® with 1 GB RAM, Windows® XP with 256 MB RAM, Windows Server® 2008 with 512 MB RAM or Windows Server 2003 with 256 MB RAM (64-bit versions of Windows XP and Windows Server excluded); service packs for operating systems recommended.
• Certain features require Internet Explorer®. If not present, Internet Explorer will be installed but will not displace your primary browser.
• Available hard-disk space: 1.8 GB (some users may require up to an extra 300 MB)
• DVD drive or Internet access
• Super VGA (1024 x 768) or higher resolution monitor
• Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse®, or a compatible pointing device
Additional items or services required to use certain features:
• For Voice Output: any of the operating systems listed in the above system requirements and a compatible soundcard
• Microsoft compatible email software such as Microsoft Office Outlook® required to use Send to Mobile and Send To as attachment; Office Outlook 2003 or Office Outlook 2007 required to use Send To as picture
• Broadband Internet service recommended for certain features, which may require payment of a separate fee to an Internet service provider; local and/or long-distance telephone toll charges may apply
• GPS functionality requires a GPS device that supports NMEA 2.0 or later and an available USB port.