You're beyond the basics, so dive right in and customize, automate, and extend Access—using Visual Basic® for Applications (VBA). This supremely organized reference is packed with hundreds of time-saving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds. It's all muscle and no fluff. Discover how the experts use VBA to exploit the power of Access—and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery!
- Enhance your application with VBA built-in functions and SQL code
- Use the Access Object Model to work with data in forms and reports
- Manipulate data using SQL, queries, and recordsets with Data Access Objects (DAO)
- Create classes for handling form and control events
- Connect your Access database to different sources of data
- Effectively plan how to upsize an existing Access database to Microsoft SQL Server®
- Dynamically update Microsoft Excel® spreadsheets from the database
- Migrate your Access database directly to the cloud using SQL Azure™
About the Author
Andrew Couch is a Microsoft Access MVP. He has been programming with VBA since it was introduced into the Access product, and uses VBA on a daily basis in commercial applications. As a director and founding member of the UK Access User Group, he has been involved with developers and software companies using VBA. Andrew is also an experienced instructor, and has taught Introductory, Advanced, and VBA programming courses.