on 9 January 2004
I'm not particulalry a Microsoft Fan but I hate to see them blamed for someone else's mistake.
The previous reviewer should have checked the stated functionality on the Microsoft Web site before buying then he would have known that business contact manager is part of the larger office Suite.
The interface has in fact had a major overhaul and is much faster, there are changes to the way active X and Embedded objects are handled (not run by default) in Emails which have important implications for security and prevention of viruses from junk mail.
Obviously users upgrading from Outlook XP will not see much change in look and feel but it's often the changes under the hood that matter. Anyone running Outlook 2000 or previous versions with a fast enougth PC would benefit more and find this a significant upgrade.
on 31 March 2005
This version of Outlook is a great improvement on the Office XP version which I used previously. To start with it is visually more impressive and makes it far easier to organise your emails. I especially like the ability to group your emails by day so that they stand out better.
The Junk-mail filter is excellent and has successfully caught every bit of junk I have been sent so far. It did this straight out of the box with no additional configuration from me.
Other than these features I cannot say that I have yet discovered all the differences between this and the previous version. Is it worth the price? In my opinion it is.
on 23 December 2004
Office 2003 is a much nicer suite of tools than previous versions. I really do like it. Nevertheless, I got my version very cheaply from local Dixons when it closed.
Various competitors have caught up, Software 602 and Software 905 have free or very cheap compatible programmes which are worthy in their own right. AbiWord looks impressive as well.
I'm not at all sure Microsoft is still worth the big premium, even with the students' & teachers' concession.
on 15 December 2004
This feature alone justifies the pgrade to Outlook 2003. I receive between 100-200 SPAM mails a day. Outlook 2003 catches between 99%-100% of these. It is so effective, I have disabled my third party SPAM killer.
on 25 October 2003
Exceptional new product (the other parts of Office appear pretty much the same). The Junk Mail filter is excellent, as is the redesign generally. I'd recommend just getting this for your upgrade - but watch the system requirements carefully! I needed an upgrade to some more memory!
on 14 March 2007
Yes Outlook 2003 does seem to be superdooper, but be warned, if you haven't got Word 2003 you won' be able to create templates or use Word as your email editor, which is extrmely annoying. Had I known this before I bought Outlook 2003, I would have bought the whole Office upgrade as I now have to buy the Word 2003 upgrade to be able to use Outlook properly - why is microsoft so frustrating??
on 5 September 2009
It's a great Microsoft Product! Does everything- merges multiple email accounts; syncs flawlessly and has a calendar, tasks and notes tabs. It's also easily customisable- create rules to manage emails better, prioritise appointments and sync to mobile devices. 5\5!
on 25 October 2003
I have just upgraded from MS Outlook XP to Outlook 2003 under the impression from the Amazon site and the MS website that there was significant functional change in the upgrade. One upgrade I wanted to use was business contact manager and thought this was included in Outlook 2003. In actual fact 2003 is less of an upgrade of functionality rahter a cosmetic upgrade of the XP with little or no value added to the 2003 available functioanlity. A con I feel. All the previous pages / views / functionality is there just wiht different colours and in a slightly diofferent place on screen. Not worth the money.