Now you can build your own games for your Xbox 360®, Windows® Phone 7, or Windows-based PC—as you learn the underlying concepts for computer programming. Use this hands-on guide to dive straight into your first project—adding new tools and tricks to your arsenal as you go. No experience required!
- Learn XNA and C# fundamentals—and increase the challenge with each chapter
- Write code to create and control game behavior
- Build your game’s display—from graphics and text to lighting and 3-D effects
- Capture and cue sounds
- Process input from keyboards and gamepads
- Create features for one or multiple players
- Tweak existing games—and invent totally new ones