Format: PaperbackChange

on 22 November 2011
Really quite impressed with this. Very good book for working through and gaining a broad understanding of the software. Not convinced yet that it will go into the depth I require but have not been all the way through the book yet. It does admit that macros are outside its scope but I am hopeful about other topics I have had trouble getting to work properly. Very pleasantly surprised that it is not just another book the glosses over functions and doesn't actually teach me anything.
on 23 November 2011
A very good introduction to what's new in Word 2010. The chapters are split into short steps and the necessary exercise files can be downloaded from Microsoft.
on 26 March 2011
After using the practice files one can be fully confident in MsWord 2010. In my opinion this book is for those who want learn MsWord for their use in practice. This book is written in simple English with larger font. Each practice file is followed by explanation of topics. With this book it is possible to learn better than learning at school.
on 2 May 2012
I was disappointed with this book. I was looking forward to working through exercises to improve my knowledge but this is a book to dip into for people who use WORD at work and want to find out how to do something in particular. It is not a fun learning book for home users.
on 15 August 2013
I have just received the new book, and I must say in comparison with the previous editions, this is a very cheap attempt at providing information on a very useful piece of software. There is no CD, the paper is quite flimsy and the fact its all in shades of black gives an overall impression the publishers couldn't care less.

To obtain the workable exercises, you have to log your details and then download the additional software, just an excuse to capture your details.

This is not a critcal comment about Amazon or the book supplier, as they have no input as to the books content or manufacture, just that I feel you need to be aware of these shortcomings
on 26 July 2013
Previous I purchased the 2007 version of this book and bought it this time as I have updated my Microsoft Office software.

As expected it is a very good, well written book which is easy to follow in bitesize chuncks.

The big difference from my pervious book is that all the exercises are now downloadable from a dedicated website. The only thing that hasn't been thought of is that not every purchaser will have internet access.

I wouod recommend this book to anyone who is either startng or with Word or simply upgrading.
on 8 June 2011
This book arrived very swiftly. It is a very comprehensive and easy to understand book. Very useful for revising before I took my Word exam. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who wishes to have a full comprehension of Word 2010.
on 19 November 2012
What a disappointment. I have recently changed to using Word for all my Computing and thought this book would help me. On the contrary I found it confusing and not user friendly - small print and few diagrams. It proved impossible to download the tutorials and in desperation I have returned the item to Amazon.
on 29 December 2015
The order arrived on time. I am pleased. I recommend this company. The product is very good. I will buy again. I hope that my review was helpful for buyers and sellers.
on 12 March 2015
Excellent book, explains every thing in easy to understand manner. You can download practice files from the website listed in the book.