Teach yourself SQL Server 2008—one step at a time. Get the practical guidance you need to build database solutions that solve real-world business problems. Learn to integrate SQL Server data in your applications, write queries, develop reports, and employ powerful business intelligence systems.
Discover how to:
- Install and work with core components and tools
- Create tables and index structures
- Manipulate and retrieve data
- Secure, manage, back up, and recover databases
- Apply tuning plus optimization techniques to generate high-performing database applications
- Optimize availability through clustering, database mirroring, and log shipping
- Tap business intelligence tools—Reporting, Analysis, and Integration Services
- Practice exercises and code samples
- Fully searchable eBook
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via OReilly Medias Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit OReillys web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.