on 17 January 2010
I have just upgraded my Microsoft Publisher 2007 having previously used Publisher 2000.
I obtained this book hoping it would give me clear guidance on how Publisher 2007 is different from my previous edition. However I was rather disappointed as there seemed to be rather a lot of stuff I would never use but lacked simple descriptions of some of the basics. In fact I have learned more by using this programme and experimenting than the book has told me.
on 28 August 2009
Publisher 2007 for DUMMIES
I found it of some help for me but not as good as I was expecting so it was disapointing.
Then again I am 81
on 5 October 2009
is useful as a reference but not really a serious guide on how to use publisher
on 19 November 2009
It's good, but I think it rather assumes more knowledge than people have when they are new to Microsoft 2007. I must be dumber than most of their Dummies, although as I struggle with the programme I find I am beginning to understand more of what the book is trying to tell you. I am sure much will become clear as I progress with the use of Publisher.
on 14 September 2013
An interesting book albeit too wordy for my liking. I was hoping for clearer instructions set out in points rather than the 'waffle' that is in every chapter.
on 30 November 2010
Unfortunately I did not find this helpful for what I bought it for. Maybe it's just me!! Computers and me don't seem to get on!!!
on 17 May 2011
Microsoft Publisher is a fairly intuitive program, but when you're starting off with it, you can waste a lot of time trying to figure out how to do 'simple' tasks. That's where this book comes to the rescue. You don't have to read it from cover to cover, you just go to the chapter concerning the project you're grappling with and it tells you what to do in simple language.
It's great to get you up and running, but won't make you an expert. Good value.
on 11 April 2013
Brilliantly written, I have had a lot of experience with computers but this way of teaching is good for both beginners and those who know a bit
on 12 March 2014
A useful book if you are using Publisher. Generally easy to understand though sometimes all its tips etc do not work.
on 12 September 2015
A very useful and informative book on the subject.