on 19 April 2011
This is a good book, but like a lot of technical books, it spends most of its time and space dealing with the basics. Personally, I was looking for something that took me underneath the surface of Access, so that I could program the database in a way that suits me. I needed more on the event-handling side of things. Unfortunately, the parts of the book in which I was most interested ere on the cd and I'm afraid that I don't like reviewing technical matter on a computer screen. Altogether a sound introduction, but not as comprehensive as I would have liked.
A good book, if you want to do standard Forms and Reports etc.
on 20 April 2011
This is a masterpiece of the efforts of the author that enabled me to create a complex database, troubleshoot complicated problems during development, and understand the inner workings of this very powerful piece of software.

The descriptions are detailed yet concise and clear. Although I do prefer numbered instructions to follow step by step in IT (as exemplified by the Brilliant series), this book has engineered a way to achieve the same objective in prose form.

The descriptions are clearly laid out and although the software is highly complex, a reader with quite good English skills should comprehend and follow the concepts quite easily.

Of course, I only bought the book about 2-3 weeks ago, so I have only found the time to read about 300 pages out of the 1400 odd, but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

One proviso, to be fair. The text on the screenshots is very tiny and you need very good light, considerable youth or both to decipher it!!

The paper is reasonably good quality, and not too thin (allowing for the size), so it should be durable, too.

Thank you!
on 9 November 2010
This is just want we needed in updating our access databases from Access 2000 to 2010. This book helps equip us with the new functionality and is detailed enough to not be for the newbee.
on 11 March 2012
Firstly its in black n white so don't expect something visually pretty. It's comprehensive - a lot of explanation for every step - more like a teacher explaining in class. Have to read every line than only you can find the instruction on what button to click next. All in all it is good for someone from intermediate to advanced level.
on 15 December 2012
This is a very handy book on Access 2010 although physically huge. The coverage is in depth and very comprehensive. Not a book for absolute beginners in my opinion.
on 14 February 2013
I purchased this to assist me however did find it a bit techy for me.

Lots of interesting tips which will assist you with the developing the skills needed for Access
on 20 December 2014
Content excellent but print too small. There is an E-book on the CD but don't always have access to my PC.
on 16 November 2015
these books are invaluable plenty information very quick service
on 12 November 2015
Inside out books always a good reference
on 28 April 2016
As described, to add to my collection