I have previously owned a Snooper S2 Neo for many years, & have been very happy, however this went faulty. So after looking at their website, I decided to replace it with the Micro Fusion Express for the following features :- Digital Speed displayed, Voice Alters, & 0-60 Test feature.
I am really disappointed with this product, & have listed my constructive criticisms below.
My first concerns were that it DID NOT come complete with a windscreen mounting kit, Only a self adhesive magnet. This means it is not easily transferable between vehicles.
- I was able to modify my existing Snooper windscreen mount to use it without permanently sticking the magnet to my dashboard.
My second concern was that the manual had no mention of the 0-60 feature, & I have been un-able to find out how to get this working - mode button only swaps between safe driver mode & camera detection mode, or demo mode if button is held?
This feature is clearly displayed on your web-site home page.
But My main issues with the unit only became clear once I tried to use it, I was travelling from Sheffield to Essex on boxing day so eagerly updated my new detector so I had all the latest camera's.
The usage problems I found were as follows:-
(1) Unlike the bottom of the range Snooper I previously had, The Micro Fusion unit is NOT direction specific. So when you are driving down the A1 near Newark where there are 2 camera's in each direction it starts to inform you that there 4x camera's whether travelling North or South. Again this problem occurred all the way down the A1 causing many FALSE ALERTS where there was a camera on the opposite carriageway. Then AGAIN on the M25 between the M11 & Dartford tunnel travelling East (clock wise). It warns you that you are in a SPECS area. However the SPECS is actually on the opposite carriage way travelling West (anti-clockwise) from the tunnel toward the M11. So yet again this is 20+ Miles of FALSE ALERTS. Plus for every FALSE ALERT the 2nd warning of over the limit warns again for a camera on the other carriage way. This starts to get even more annoying.
(2) The Voice alerts are too Long, & give importance to the distance rather than the Speed limit. Ie it says "Warning Fixed Camera in so many Yards, speed limit 30". This would be far better if reversed ie "Fixed Camera 30mhp in XX yards" this way you can check your speed quicker.
(3) The second voice alert is far too long too "Warning you are exceeding the speed limit in the vicinity of a speed camera" - also blanking your actual speed & flashing "OVER". - It is actually possible to be over the limit by 5mph, & have time to slow down & be well past the camera - before the 2x warnings have finished - USELESS.
This would be a lot better if it displayed your speed & the limit on the display, & perhaps just beeped if you are over the limit - this beeping should stop once you are below the limit just like on the Snooper S2.
(4) The Database seems to be well out of date - I downloaded the latest version on Xmas day, yet was it was still giving me false alerts on Boxing Day. It told me that the via-duct at Jct34 M1 (Meadowhall) was a 40 zone - There have not been any road works on that section of motorway since the summer - Another FALSE alert. It also gave me a 50mhp Specs zone on A11/M11 that had no camera's.
Because of all the `False Alerts', & the stupid woman still nagging even when well passed a camera, it means you start to ignore this device, which means you might as well not have it.
In All I am very very disappointed, as the product looked very good on the Website.
I Have Tried Unsuccessfully to return this JUNK as Micro Fuzion ALLEDGED a 30day MOney Back Gurantee.
They Have IGNORED 3x Emails...
They Have IGNORED a FAX Complaint...
They WONT speak on the PHONE as it is a NEW SALES only line...
AVOID THIS COMPLETELY - ITS USELESS!!!!!!!!