Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Mar 2008 23:06:16 GMT
J. Colquitt says:
Hi,
I'm really confused now. I am searching for a large [8gb +] microSD card for my LG Viewty, and in the search results I am getting these SDHC cards. Can someone confirm whether these are MicroSD cards, or whether this is a normal sized SD card? And what difference does the HC mean? I'm very confused - Please help.
Thanks in advance
Jack

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Mar 2008 11:11:03 BDT
Last edited by the author on 31 Mar 2008 11:18:49 BDT
Loving I.T. says:
MircoSD does not equal SDHC!!! MicroSD is a smaller "Micro" sized SD card that is normally used in mobile phones. They are usually supplied with an adapter that enables it to be used in standard shaped SD card readers, but to use it in your handset you will need to take it out of the adapter as it physically too big!
SD stands for [S]ecure [D]igital and
HC stands for [H]igh [C]apacity and as it's relatively new technology, you will need new technology to read these cards (hence most card readers won't - it's like the CD vs DVD leap in technology... A CD-ROM only based drive will not read a DVD-Rom even though they both use 12cm discs!). Beware some older mobiles, like my father's Samsung D900 can only cope with maximum of 1GB microSD (microSD are used for small gadgets like mobile phones) My Palm Tungsten T2 can only cope with a maximum of 2GB SD card but my Canon IXUS 70 can cope with a 4GB SDHC. Anything OVER 2GB in capacity (i.e. 4GB, 8GB, 16GB) is considered High Capacity. Hope this helps.

Although I wouldn't be surprised in the future we saw a microSDHC.
I love technology!
:: Jim'll Fix I.T.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 May 2008 23:28:45 BDT
J. Miller says:
we already have microSDCH cards. any microSD card 4gb and over is an SDHC. the difference is they use a different memory address system and are generally formatted with FAT32 rather than FAT16.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Aug 2008 22:26:55 BDT
Just to confirm, this 8GB card won't work with a mobile phone's MP3 player?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jan 2009 08:46:17 GMT
Idnan says:
depends. if ur phone support sdhc then yes. for mobile phones search for "microsdhc" and for camera search for "sdhc".

Posted on 11 Mar 2009 02:07:03 GMT
ive bought 2 sandisc 8gb sdhc cards and formatted them in my viewty and they dropped to 1.74gb.i cant get them to reformat on my toshiba laptop in a kingston usb card reader.dont buy anything with out researching if a device is FULLY compatible.can any geeks out there help me to get them back to 8gb as one was working in my jxd960 mp3/4 player till i put it in the viewty.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Mar 2009 09:39:04 GMT
Last edited by the author on 14 Mar 2009 09:40:13 GMT
POPPY says:
hi jim can you help i have a nokia 5800 music xpress mobile and want to get a 16gb memory card do i nee a class 6 and if so will the transcend sdhc or the kingston sdhc flash memory card be any good or can you recommend any that will be better, give me diy an day, but i do try my best with technology. thanks poppy

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2009 10:56:09 GMT
Hucairz says:
Mr Bellinger,

I have had a similar problem with a 4G SD (non HC) and an older laptop - the laptop only saw it as a 1G and would format it accordingly wasting 3G.

It looks as if the viewty will only see the card as a 2G, so if you want the full capacity back you'll have to reformat the card on another machine - will the mp4 player format the card? - or on a pc and card reader.
After reformat to full capacity its likely the viewty wont be able to read the cards though!

Posted on 10 Apr 2009 10:51:42 BDT
m888eve says:
Hi Jim,
I have a Leica digital camera model C-lux 2. Will this 8 Gb class 6 works?
Thanks for your advice
Al
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  29 Mar 2008
Latest post:  10 Apr 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Transcend - Flash memory card - 4 GB - Class 6 - SDHC
Transcend - Flash memory card - 4 GB - Class 6 - SDHC by Transcend
4.3 out of 5 stars   (402)