on 19 May 2014
Works better than expected. I have connected a Logitech wireless keyboard (K270) and mouse to the Galaxy Note 10.12014 edition.
Worked within seconds, no manual loading of any drivers required. It appeared just "plug and play" no hassle.
I have read that only certain keys work on an external keyboard and wasn't expecting too much. To my delight all the keys, shortcuts and hotkeys have worked. The home button, back button, scrolling and "swipe" all worked from the keyboard and mouse.
Also tried a 80gb USB hard drive, said blank or unsupported file format. I will have to look into this further and see what format works. Still at least the USB host cable let it connect so it's highly unlikely it's a fault with the product. I am delighted to report an 8gb TDK flash drive/thumb drive works perfectly and plays my videos straight off the drive when connected with this USB host cable.
What more can I say, it just works!
on 27 May 2014
for HDD without power, it does not work. for USB memory sticks and HDD with power it works well. it delivers as promissed.
on 11 March 2014
This cable delivers well and enhances a tablet considerably.

I recently bought a Samsung Note Pro 12.2 32GB with an additional 64GB Micro SD Card. The amount of storage is not the issue here. What this cable gives is the ease of use when playing videos off a HDD rather than straight copying to device.

It connects as a mass storage device and I've connected USB sticks of all sizes. Most importantly it reads my 250GB Portable HDD (Partitioned - not sure that matters). Now I can have a host of files being played off a separate storage unit as opposed to the device. Luckily there is no downloadable app needed on this device to use this cable. Usually there is need for a media importer app, but the stock file manager suffices.

I've not tested battery life when running off the HDD, but I'd assume it would eat more when connected. Possible future addition to tablets could be multiple Micro SD ports so devices can be connected and charge the unit at the same time.

This is an amazing bit of kit and at such a minimal price it delivers much more... Highly recommended.

Update: Connected PS3 Controller and wired Xbox 360 Controller. Both work fine and control device as well as games. Functions well with Nintento ROMs. Xbox One Controller I did not manage to get working however.
on 27 August 2014
Works with my Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 - intermittently. The connection is obviously poor, so I get a "USB connected" notification, followed by "USB disconnected", then "USB connected"...you get the picture. If I hold the connector in the right position, I can use it, but this is not really good enough. Probably won't bother sending it back, but will try another make.
on 7 March 2014
Have connected various USB memory stickjs and a USB mouse and all work OK with the Note 10.1 214. If it lasts I will up it to 5 stars!
on 17 June 2014
I can recommend it for this price. The cable could be little longer. Don't forget this is a cable for USB 2.0 not 3.0.
on 27 June 2014
It does what it says it does, I have no complaints about it. Quite a good product, I would say.
on 29 March 2014
I was a bit dubious about buying this as cheap techie things have not worked for me in the past.
This on the other hand worked first time on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition.
I have plugged in my 8Gb memory stick and my wifes 1Tb Western Digital HDD and everything was available and worked.
This travels with me everywhere now.
on 28 April 2014
Just what was required - no more fiddling about with micro SD cards. Just plug in memory stick/drive, connect to tablet and away you go.
Couldn't be more pleased with such a simple connector.
A well spent couple of quid.
on 1 June 2015
Does what it says - use in conjuction with ES file explorer and easily back up files to a flash drive or read files from one. Also allows video or music files to be played directly from the flash drive. Essential tool

See one answered question