Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Dec 2011 22:55:34 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Dec 2011 22:59:06 GMT
I don't think the hysterical tone of the reviewers of Michael Mann's forthcoming book are doing the author any favors. Discussion, preferably rational discussion, is a part of the scientific process, and Mann will I hope be defending his hockey-stick graph with the objective rigor his interesting hypothesis deserves. As for his well-funded opponents, mentioned several times by the reviewers--can anyone tell us how much research grant money Dr. Mann is receiving? is it possible that he is also well-funded, by tax-payers' money underpinning scientific research grants? Can we also infer that if his hypothesis does not stand up to scrutiny, that his funding, fame and power base are in danger of drying up? I trust that these considerations will not interfere with Mann's objectivity, and that in his new book he will be clearly explaining the statistics underlying his interpretations, which many have called into question. If so I look forward to reading the book in March.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  4 Dec 2011
Latest post:  4 Dec 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars: Dispatches from the Front Lines
The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars: Dispatches from the Front Lines by Michael Mann (Hardcover - 23 Mar 2012)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (23)