on 3 February 2003
In my opinion this video far exceeds the Thriller offering from Michael Jackson.
Whether you are a fan or not, this video has to be seen to be believed. The dancing, music and - of course - the dancing are superb. The special effects will have you sitting there open-mouthed. Not only does Michael play the main lead, but also the part of the Mayor, with such amazing make-up that it really is difficult to tell that it's him.
This is one video that you should definitely have in your collection. Wonderful.
on 17 July 2009
I have only come across this mini-film since the lovely Michael has passed on and the first few times I watched this I could not stop crying, the brilliance of this film just brought it all home to me that this special guy is no longer with us, his talent had no bounds. In this mini-film, Michael Jackson is at his absolute best, he would have made one hell of a brilliant actor, he is such a natural. The silver lining is, that Michael has left us with some brilliant music and films like this one, that to my opinion, could never be equalled or beaten.

I also adore the tracks he used in this film; 'Is it Scary' and 'Ghost' ... I now dub 'Ghost' as one of my favourite MJ tracks of all time, YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS FILM .... sheer excellence.

RIP Michael
on 4 August 2002
I have been a MJ fan for over 20 years, and bought this some time ago. I must have watched it hundreds of times since. As usual for Michael the dancing has to be seen to be believed, however, this is more about the special effects than anything. The music is taken from Blood on the Dancefloor (not one of his best albums), yet the tracks chosen for the video are excellent. I highly recommend you buy this video, even if you aren't a fan of his work. The dancing skeleton has to be seen to be believed!
on 4 October 2009
Saw this short film by accident. Luckily, every other Snday (or so it seems ) on channel Q they run 'Michael Jackson Super 25' and Ghosts is.... No. 25. But at least it made the list. Jaw-dropping and glorious, and, for me, MJ's best video. Fun (his raised eyebrow as he brings the ghosts down from the ceiling), and with that awesome backbeat. Everytime i see Ghosts I remember afresh why he was (is?) such an exhilirating presence in music. Will miss him always..
on 4 August 2003
He has done it again! Michael Jackson has continued his career and music into the year 2003...Ghosts, released '97 is a spectacular video and really does proove to the critics that he still 'has it'. Fantastic special effects and breath taking moves makes this another huge success for MJ...it really is something you don't believe untill you see it! So what are you waiting for? Go and see it!
P.S. To all MJ fans out there ...Michael is currently workin on a new album to be released end 2004-start 2005, he also will be doing tours (america mainly, but he will come to europe and the UK) also another album due mid '05 as he re-joins the JACKSON 5.
on 13 September 2000
Ghosts is a great short film, it did indeed shock me, i'm a massive MJ fan, however, even though i saw him in Moonwalker, his acting skills showed good promise, which is probably why he is starring in a film about Edgar Allen Poe's(well known poet) life. the sountrack is brilliant, which has songs from the "Blood On The Dancefloor" album, including "Ghosts", and "Is it Scary" which should have indeed been released as a single. "Ghosts" shows Jackson with promising acting skills, as well as showing his emmaculate dance moves that continue to please and shock us all - Please people, ignore the story's and his appearance, listen to his music, whatch his moves, and give his acting career a chance before knocking it down before it's premeired it's full ptential, you will be filled with a sense of joy i promise you!
on 8 July 2000
Michael Jackson proves he is the King of Pop once again. The songs '2BAD', 'GHOSTS', 'IS IT SCARY'(which should have been released as a single), are featured and performed by MJ. Check out Michael dancing as a skeleton is 'Is it scary'!
The effects are amazing, so is Mjs dancing. This was Mjs last music video before he had a break. Michael will be back in March 2001, with a new album, new dance moves, and new breath taking videos! He's worth the wait. The king of pop rules!
on 15 October 2009
The film is GREAT i would say one of his best ever and one of his lastest videos, very hard to get hold of. I wish you could get it on DVD it would last longer and be better quality.
It just shows how clever Michael Jackson is playing 4 people in the film the make up was brillant,good for people to watch if the are training to do special effects or model making in the film industry re Stan Winston (as my son is).
Great film from a Great man.
on 14 October 2012
I remember buying this in VHS when it first came out , was blown away then and many years later it still blows me away. I wish they would digitally restore and release on dvd so we could enjoy the true beauty. Michael's imagination and stotytelling in each of his music shorts is legendary. I have been a fan all my life and his presence and creative genius is sorely missed If you have never seen this it's a must watch fan or not.
on 9 October 2009
I was so thrilled to finally get a copy of this short movie... a Michael Jackson Fan for over 20 years and now with my 2 children also in awe of the King of Music. A genuine Michael Jackson Masterclass as usual! a magnificent performance...remarkable man...a devastating loss to music and dance, and humanity. This is how Michael should be remembered A Pure Genius!!!!