on 26 November 2013
This is a flimsy mis-shappened product - the gauze is wavy and the outer rim made of cheap thin metal not much stronger than aluminium foil; plus it was inadequately packaged for such a flimsy item and came ready dented with little semblance of a being round. It was cheap and it acts and looks even cheaper.

This contrasts with the 29cm black version by Meataltex, which is solid and well made.
This splatter screen arrived at just the right time. I love BLT's, for those who have been hidden away somewhere, that is 'Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato', sandwich. Everyone knows the mess bacon can make while cooking it on the stove. Perfection! Nice crisp bacon, without the mess. This is fresh tomato season, and my once a year treat is a BLT.

The Splatter Screen is designed with a sleek look. It is sturdy, the sizing fits almost any pan. Now, those potatoes that tend to overflow, pasta that may overflow, anything cooking on the stove, should have the benefit of this screen. The screen can double as a strainer. Just flip the pot over the screen in the sink. How easy!

It's easy to wash in the sink and a rinse with the kitchen hose. The splatter screen is very slim, so you can easily find space in your cupboard . This has become a household name that is known for quality.

Recommended. prisrob 09-06-14
on 29 August 2014
This arrived all bashed in & very poor quality. I could even have bought it cheaper at the supermarket.
Very poor indeed.
on 21 March 2014
The product is rather flimsy and opted to pay more since I thought it would be better than the ones you pick up at Poundland, however its the same kind of product, wouldnt bother buying again.
on 30 January 2016
This splatter screen has become misshapen very quickly, within a few weeks of using it. The mesh is already very wavy. It prevents spitting but doesn't do that well at stopping the surfaces around the pan becoming misted with fat. My friends' have splatter screens that work really well, unlike this one, so I'll be looking for a replacement for this!
on 26 February 2014
Read some revues before making a purchase and can only state that this is a splatter screen and it helps to prevent splats! Great value for money! The large size does make it a bit flimsy but you don't buy one of these to lift things up with! Have used it several times and washed in dishwasher- it still looks like new! Comes recommended!
on 17 June 2014
I have used this a few times in the hope that my cooker would be easier to clean and that I wouldn't get spat at by my frying pan. The spitting has ceased but there is still grease on my cooker and the splash guard itself has to be washed so it isn't saving me as much labour as I had hoped. However, it does what it is designed to do.
on 4 February 2014
Although I complained about the condition of the first one that was sent due to the type of packaging used was inadequate.
The replacement arrived in the same packaging although it was in a bit better condition but still poor quality for the price. I only kept it as I could not get a large enough one anywhere else
on 4 November 2013
I have a 32cm frying pan & it's difficult where I live to obtain less common kitchen items. This size of splatter/splash screen is an example.
Anyway, there is only so much you can say about a splatter/splash screen in that it does the job perfectly & was packaged very well.
on 23 December 2015
I have been looking for this size of splatter guard for quite sometime and surprisingly they are hard to find for a reasonable price. This 33cm Melaltex splatter guard is well made and quite sturdy - has even passed the dishwasher test. For £4.60 it's great value for money.

See one answered question