Colour Name: Black|Change

on 2 October 2010
I bought this product as storage and organisation for household bills and documents - I wasn't really looking for anything particularly secure. Good job really as the key (if you can call it that) refused to turn in the poor quality plastic lock. With a bit of perseverance and a lot of brute force, the key final turned - once a piece of excess plastic had sheared off! Despite being metal, the box itself is pretty flimsy. You have to manuevre the lid to get it into the correct position to close properly. Overall it is nothing more than a glorified box. If that's what you're looking for then great. If it's security you're after...keep looking.
on 17 May 2012
The box is a bit deeper than I expected, about 50% larger than the ones that I already use. It's quite a bit lighter as the metal is thinner and it's probably not quite as robust. My others would probably protect the contents against a fire, but I'm not so sure that this one would be as secure.

It only comes with 5 folders, but they are standard size, so it's quite possible to get extra ones if required. The catch is a bit odd, although I did get to grips with it after a short while. But the lock is cheap and nasty and the key supplied is really very poor. I doubt that it would withstand even a short attempt to break in.

If you just want something to store documents in as I do, then this can be suitable; if you want something that will be secure, then you might want to try a different type as this is just not that strong.
on 3 December 2009
Does what it's supposed to do. It was reasonably priced, is made of fairly sturdy metal. Would I buy another one if needed? Yes.
on 5 January 2010
As previous reviewer states, very quick delivery. However, only a handful of suspension files included so had to purchase another pack. Also the lock is cheap and nasty, and has broken after being opened/closed several times so when I pick up the case it pops open. Not very impressed.
on 3 February 2010
Overall an excellent product, let down slightly by a flimsy catch but at this price you can't expect perfection. Comes with a few suspension files but I found I needed an add-on pack of ten for my needs. The runners benefitted from a quick squirt of WD40 otherwise a bit sticky. I found it can hold a decent amount of domestic filing (bills, offical docs, etc) and being painted red doesn't look too bad in the room.

Overall I found it just right for my needs and should last well being metal.Metal home file A4 (red)
on 14 August 2010
Metal home file A4 (red)

Well having read the other reviews to be honest in my humble opinion this file represents excellent value for money is quite robust being metal and provides an organiser that looks good in pillar box red and does the job it was intended for. Whilst others have criticised various apects of the file I consider £13 for having a robust organiser with a handful of suspension files for sorting all the paperwork is peanuts and it includes postage delivery as well.There are plenty of retail outlets out their who charge almost double the price for a similar item and you have to make the time and pay to go and get it!
on 6 May 2011
Well it was a nice colour and thats the only good thing I can say about it.

The lid was bent out of shape so it didnt close properly and the lock was

useless! Very disappointed so sent it back.
on 13 September 2013
Simply awful. The lock (as it rattles) is really pathetic and no use at all. The odd shaped key seem to match the lock in being pathetic. I don't like giving bad reviews, but I really wouldn't want anyone else to buy one and feel like I do.
on 13 September 2011
I didn't like this product at all when I received it. Its flimsy, mine didn't lock, so it had to go back, it was also dented therefore it's not very hard wearing like you might expect. I've bought a plastic A4 filing box with suspension files instead. I would recommend one of these over the metal home file! Definitely disappointed with the metal A4 home file product.
on 15 June 2010
i recieved one that was broken and so sent it back and recieved another one no problem, ideal for storing my paper work in although its a little tiny and very very hard to close :O(