on 5 June 2012
I've had this exact model of shoe before and feel that this pair are stiffer/slightly less flexible than my first pair. However, having worn them a few times they are comfy and offer the right support for my feet. Had I tried them on in a shop I don't think I would have bought because they seemed a bit stiff them but I'm pleased stuck with them. Anyone buying Merrell women's footwear needs to be aware that the sizing is a bit on the small size. I buy Merrell UK size 8 but normally get a 7 or 7.5 size shoe.
0Comment41 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 June 2010
Firstly I must admit to being a Merrell's fan and have had many shoes from them over the years. In fact I was so pleased with the pair of Siren Sport GTX XCR trainers I bought last year (that are now very threadbare from too much use) I decided to get another pair in this new colourway of raspberry and mocha. Not normally one for ordering shoes off the internet, I nonetheless ordered with confidence as I have the same shoe already.Needless to say Merrell have done something with their sizing in the last year as the size 7 I ordered barely made it onto my foot (as opposed to the size 7 I am wearing right now with is comfy as a slipper) - so back they went.So three stars because they are a great shoe when you can get the right size, but marks deducted because I get SO frustrated with shoe manufacturers changing their sizing !!!!
0Comment32 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 May 2012
I had bought a pair of these trainers/ shoes 7-8 years ago and was a little apprehensive about paying £80 on a pair of shoes that might not be comfortable, but here I am, buying another pair! The old pair had done some mileage and were still in perfect working order but after signing up for another sponsored walk this year, I decided I needed to invest in a new pair.

They are so comfortable and durable that I didn't even look at any other make. They mould to your feet and help make you walk properly, which is something I do need help with! Here's to another 7-8 years.....!
0Comment40 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 October 2014
These shoes are sub standard. They let the water through the goretex and split at the bottom.
on 24 November 2013
no shoes are better in my opinion for outdoor loving women everywhere!
They are pretty light weight for a waterproof shoe, look cool (I wear mine out and about in the wet/mud/rock and also in town).
They are really comfy. Have great soles (unlike alot of merrell shoes) which are really grippy and adaptable.
The only slight niggle I have with them is that they wear out in the same place every time- the rubber on the top peels back, and the seal joining the sole to the fabric splits letting in the water.
That said, it takes a good year of wearing them every day in the worst of conditions to make them that way so can't complain too much!
on 17 August 2010
Wear these shoes all the time. Provide great support and are wearing well. They do let water in through the mesh on top of the toe when its really wet. But great for summer walking.
44 comments21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 January 2013
I already had a pair of these terrific shoes, so knew already that I would be delighted with them. They are lightweight, comfortable, and give a lovely rolling movement from heel to toe when walking. My older pair were worn every day for dog-walking in the countryside and on the rocky shore, and always have great grip.
I would highly recommend these shoes.
on 29 July 2011
I ordered these shoes for walking the dog. Very important that they are comfortable and waterproof as I usually walk at least 1 1/2 hours everyday.

These shoes are excellent. I expected a few weeks of having to walk them in and perhaps some blisters, but have experienced no problems. They have been extremely comfortable from the very first day that I have worn them. My feet have also stayed dry.

Would definitely recommend these to other people. True to size, very comfy and waterproof.
0Comment29 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
My wife took these brand new shoes to her with Alaska, a little nervous of blisters and comfort considering they were brand new but they were absolutely faultless; she says they are the best hiking / walking shoes she has ever had.

My wife takes a UK size 7.5 and the 8 fit her perfectly.

She wore these hiking shoes on both city days as well as days in the forest hiking; she loves the look of them because they don't stick out like trainers can do and look fine with bootcut jeans as they do with hiking trousers.

But it is their comfort and dryness that she loved the most, walking on fairly wet ground on very wet days her feet didn't get wet at all. We were both a little astonished at the water resistance of these unassuming shoes to be honest.

One thing to note is they are quite low around the ankle, my wife loved the design of them but those used to proper hiking boots that come above your ankle may not like this as your ankles are not as supported and have the potential to get a bit splashed on wet walks, but for me wife their all-round performance from urban to rural hiking as well as many bike rides, trumps everything.

She says these are the best shoes she has ever owned, if they broke tomorrow she would instantly replace them. I am now looking out for the male equivalent shoe! Fantastic.

The highest recommendation.
review image review image review image review image review image
on 3 September 2012
I bought these shoes as I find a lot of walking boots too restrictive. I wanted a waterproof comfortable walking shoe that offered good support to my foot arches and which looked good too. I've done a couple of 10 mile hikes in them and have used them for walking about town all day when abroad. They fit the bill perfectly. My feet have still felt refreshed at the end of the day. Cannot comment on their waterproof ability yet as I haven't tested them for this yet. My husband bought the men's version of this shoe as well and he's very pleased with his too.