Size: 4 UKColour: Grey (Charcoal)Change

on 22 November 2013
2nd pair I've ordered this Autumn. I can't wear gumboots due to bad back so these boots, so far, are Fab. I alternate them so I will see how long they remain waterproof being stressed by dog walking mud, rain, snow.
on 10 May 2014
I do a lot of off road walking and brought these shoes as they are waterproof.I brought the next size up from my normal size and found that they fitted well and were very comfortable. The shoes are totally waterproof.Would purchase again.
on 1 August 2014
Listing this as moderately small, even though the size I ordered fits perfectly. But why? Have precious experience of Merrell and have found that generally have to go half size or full size up from my normal UK women's size 7. In this case the boot ordered is a size 8, to fit a size 7 foot so someone who is a standard size 8 would find it to be smaller than normal fit.

Other than that, solid construction, lightweight, advantage of Goretex, very comfortable on.
on 20 August 2014
I am really happy with these shoes, they are light and have good inner support but as I have high arches I have bought some gel inner soles to give that extra comfort. I use them for cross country walking but I can also do trail running with them as they are that light and supportive. If I had a negative to say is the laces don't do them justice and can get loose if you don't tightly double knot!
I will get another pair as soon as these shows signs of wearing out.
on 28 April 2015
I've only owned these a few days but I've already been walking in them twice so I feel I can add my thoughts on these walking boots.

Firstly, these are the first walking boots I've ever owned, up until now I've been use to walking shoes but trying to get Vegan walking footwear was proving difficult so I went for these. I had already tried them on in a shop on the high street and had worked out that I needed a size 6 (I usually wear size 5) but they felt really comfortable. I wasn't willing to pay the £120 rrp so I looked online and found them here for £65 so ordered a pair.

My first walk was a 21 miles over the Brecon Beacons with 6300ft of ascent in light rain showers. It was really anxious about wearing the shoes for that distance and at about 5 miles in I had little niggles where there was a slight friction issue but that eased up and I was able to walk the distance with only slightly achey feet at the end on it. However, these shoes are NOT WATERPROOF and after getting wet pretty much straight away, it seeped into socks and my feet, I don't think I'm ever going to find synthetic material shoes that are truly waterproof though! With this said though, I still managed to walk the whole way around in comfort and no blisters.
on 18 February 2014
Really comfortable and fully waterproof on all terrains I've experienced in Scotland this February! A bargain buy at the price! :-)
on 19 September 2014
very comfortable, light and really good fit. Unfortunately they leaked after 10 months wear (worn once fortnightly). Bitterly disappointed and disillusioned as I've worn Merrell for years and now I don;'t know where to turn
on 6 March 2015
After 6 months of dog walking activity/wear my Merrell Grassbow's are no longer waterproof! Am gutted as they are the most comfortable hiking shoe I've owned and soles have really great grip.
on 10 August 2014
I bought these as they were recommended online for plantar fasciitis. They don't relieve the pain at all when out walking, which is a shame.
They are waterproof, but when walking over muddy fields a great mass of mud builds up on the soles which is very uncomfortable to walk on.
Using them to dog walk when it's damp or on a sunny day to walk a long way, they are lightweight and comfortable and support my ankles well.
on 26 July 2014
Great shoes and good price. Lightweight, breathable and waterproof. Very happy with this purchase