Size: 8 UK|Colour: Black (Black)|Change

on 25 May 2014
The one thing I love most about these shoes is the bumpf in the Product Description. One line quotes, "mesh upper that drains automatically via ports in the micro mesh" which, I have to be honest, is close to the truth (I think 'automatically' is a bit of a stretch though). What I wasn't expecting was that there would ONLY be mesh in the upper. Nothing else. And water may drain out but it gets in twice as easily. They're like sponges. They are however, extremely comfortable and not as clunky as some previous Merrell shoes.
But the real downside after having them for one month is that one of the grey coloured straps has come apart (frayed by the lace) and unfortunately it's where the lace itself ends (there are lace eyelets/holes but not at this point) so there is nothing now to hold the lace in position. It isn't a well thought thought out system for lacing the shoe and I kind of suspected that it would give me problems from when I first took them out of the box. But I thought they might last a little longer than a month.
on 18 December 2013
Comfortable from the day I bought them.. They have been getting heavy use and show very little sines of wear after 6 months. I'm ruff on shoes and these have stood up better that any pair I've own previously .. I love these trainers
on 17 April 2016
This is the 3rd pair that I have bought as I need a good pair of water shoes to wear for my work when canoe & kayak coaching, and coasteering.
They are flexible and comfortable to wear with good soles with plenty of grip, well made and take all the punishment I put them through.
on 29 June 2014
The product is good in general, this is the second pair I have. This one purchased from amazon has some defects, sewing is not well done on one of them and the shape is different at the other one.
on 10 September 2015
These were exactly what I wanted, they are a perfect fit! They will come into some good use now when I take on my new adventures in the mountains!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 October 2009
I'm a "hot foot man", and then I needed a shoe with good ventilation. This is the perfect shoe for that purpose. And the Vibram grip is as usual excellent. But remember the different size US/UK/EU. It's best to try the shoe in a shop, then buy it from Amazon.
on 3 September 2015
Although these are designed for water sports I managed to hike on a Glacier for 3 hours in Crampons with no problems at all.
on 16 March 2013
Very comfortable, i love merrels, only thing if its a cold day a little draught through the front. Overall great shoes.
on 15 November 2014
I would have given them 5 stars, but the straps broke after about 6 months, great shoes otherwise!
on 17 July 2014
Excellent delivery time, the shoes was like the description...

See one answered question