on 28 June 2009
An outstanding price for a real quality product.
The item was virtually half price, and delivery was quick.
Like all Merrell footwear, they are instantly comfortable and any distance or terrain is literally 'a walk in the park'.
Be careful on the sizing though, I aleady own other Merrell footwear and always need a size larger than I normally take.
If they last anything like as long as my others, then there's miles and miles of comfort to be had.
22 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 August 2014
After reading numerous reviews about this product, I was a bit wary about which size to order as it was a surprise gift for my husband. Most reviews advised to order a size bigger. My husband is a size 10, so taking this advice, I ordered a size 11. We were on holiday when I presented them to my husband, I had had them secretly hidden in my suitcase! My husband tried them on and at first said they felt a bit tight. However, he left them on and wore them all the time on holiday. We were on a cruise and did a lot of sight seeing. My husband informed me they were very comfortable. Yes, I would highly recommend this product to a friend, but as all other reviews have advised, you should order a size bigger.
I like Merrell shoes. I've had about 6 pairs in all. In every Merrell shoe I've ever had, I've always been a UK11/EUR45 size. So, I felt confident in buying this shoe on Amazon, knowing it should fit me no problem. But, bizarrely, it feels about 1/2 to 3/4 of a size smaller than all my other Merrells. Unfortunately, I didn't really discover this until I'd worn them pretty much all day walking round a city, and got a blister. Don't think I can justify sending them back as being faulty, so having to use them for occasional walking use, and cycling. Which is fine, and they're very nice shoes. But I would strongly recommend trying them on in a shop before then deserting them to buy from Amazon.
on 12 September 2010
After reading other reviews i decided to order the next size up, a size 10 instead of my usual size 9. The size 10 fit perfectly and the shoes are very good and well made. I have owned Merrell in the past and they have proved reliable. My last pair were bought in Spain and after 3 years of use were a bit knackered and i could not read the size on the underside of the tongue or remember what size i had purchased. Overall these are good all round trainers/walking shoes but lose a star because Merrell really should get their sizing right.
on 1 August 2010
I am very happy with these Merells. Comfortable from day one. The styling is nice and the soles have a really good tread so nice and stable. Might even get another pair in another colour.
As mentioned by others, get one size up from usual english sizing. I am an 8 and 9 fits good.
on 2 August 2010
I've had these shoes for 4 weeks now and am very happy with the build quality and comfort of the shoe. Like other customers though i'd advise being careful with the sizes. Order at least one size larger than your normal size. Maybe even 1.5 for added comfort.
on 19 September 2011
Great shoes, I love the Merrell range, whenever I see a sale of these shoes and others from the range I will try and snap them up. Comfy from the box. My last pair I walked the Samaria Gorge in Crete, they never left my feet for a week with no blisters
on 26 June 2010
This product is a top quality item. They are soft and comfortable. like other people have written I had to buy the next size up. Still that does not detract from how good they are.

Highly recommended piece of footware.
on 29 August 2014
Excellent, superb quality and fit, but if for example you take a size 9 order a 10 as they are small fitting.
on 3 July 2010
My wife and I have had several pairs of Merrell footwear over ther the years and have never been disappointed. This pair was a little stiff to start with and took several days to wear-in. They also seem a bit on the small side so it may be worth going half a size up. Besides that you can feel the quality as soon as you put them on. I'd be happy going up Place Fell in these.