Size: 10 UK|Colour: Grey (Beluga)|Change

on 13 December 2010
This is an excellent shoe. Really comfortable and well made.

The only thing to watch for is the sizing. I am a size 9 normally but I had to get size 9.5 in the Merrell shoe. Some posts here said they were a size 9 but had to order size 11. I couldn't quite believe that but ordering at least a 0.5 size above would be advisable.

Apart from that you'll be able to walk in these all day and your feet will still feel good.
on 5 May 2013
This is the 5th pair of Merrell Moab's that I've bought and for many good reasons:
a) They are incredibly comfortable - it's like a huge pressure has been removed from your feet when you put them on.
b) They look good - not too sporty and not too dull.
c) They last - these are pretty much the only footwear I have and I only replace them every 12 months or so (for purely aesthetic reasons.)
d) They are great value for money. especially if you buy them on Amazon and get them for way less than high street.
e) They are versatile and dependable - the breathable Gortex and trusty Vibram sole means they perform in any weather condition so that your feet don't get sweaty in the summer or wet through in the winter.

I recommend these to anyone that will listen.

Please note though that they are a small fitting so buy a size larger than you normally take.
on 18 January 2013
I have been wearing Merrells for about 12 years now and cannot fault them. So comfy for daily wear and hiking, and they also look great!

This is the 2nd pair I have had of this particular type and I absolutely love them. My one niggle with them is the reason for the 2nd pair... they are a bit tight compared to other Merrells. I would suggest buying a half size bigger than you normally get, otherwise they are tight and a bit short. I went a half size bigger on the 2nd pair and they are now the best fit and most comfortable Merrells I've owned! Bit strange as I've always been a Merrell size 9 but never mind!

Buy them! Just buy a half size bigger when you do!
on 20 April 2014
£100 was a significant investment but I was prepared to make it for a top brand with an excellent technical spec. Unfortunately, after a little over 18 months of only weekend use to walk the dog the soles have parted from BOTH sides of BOTH shoes. This is very disappointing and I cannot recommend these shoes.
on 13 February 2015
I have several pairs of Merrell Moab Goretex shoes and ordered the latest pair because they were very keenly priced. Merrell shoes are very comfortable especially for someone with problem feet. They are the only brand I can wear without recourse to an orthotic insole. Unfortunately, they tend not to be especially hard wearing and although this model is supposedly designed for trekking I find that the sole can be slippery when wet. However, the biggest problem with this shoe is the inconsistent and unpredictable sizing which is particularly problematic when ordering on line. My feet are a true UK size 9.5. In fact, I have three identically sized Moab's that fit perfectly but are labelled UK 10, UK 11.5 and UK 11. In my experience getting the right size is pure guesswork.
on 29 September 2014
Bought these as a replacement and was a bit nervous about going to a brand I'd not really heard of. Arrived quite quickly and I started wearing them around the house to get used to them, before doing some light hill walking. I must say I've never ever had a pair of Hiking Trainers that straight out of the box have been soft and supple, yet sturdy and straight away give you confidence to go rambling. After a couple of hill walks I took them to the Belgium Grand Prix where I spent the day standing by the circuit and getting absolutely drenched in the rain. Usually as a flat foot standing for long periods causes discomfort and eventual pain in previous shoes, but not these. They were light and comfortable and the spongy insole worked wonders. When the heavens opened I was actually shocked at how waterproof these shoes actually are. Not so much as a drop of water touched my feet despite the outside of the shoe getting drenched. And when I got home to clean the mud off them I submerged them in a bucket of water and still no water passed through the fabric. Brilliant buy, simply a must have, and if/when these shoes die I will be returning to Merrell again. Brilliant!!
on 12 December 2011
These shoes are very comfortable for walking / hiking. I tried on so many other makes but these Merrell's, that might I say I had never heard of, are excellent. We haven't done the waterproof test yet though! In the dry, brilliant!
on 25 September 2011
This is a really sturdy trainer, breathable, and waterproof - probably the most comfortable one I have worn. Well worth the money.
on 4 May 2013
Tried on this shoe in a shop. Normally I am a UK size 10.5. In the shop though the size 11 was a perfect fit. Thought I would go for a cheaper amazon purchase and so ordered online. Size 11 arrived but it was far too small! Sent it back and got a size 12 sent to me which was far too big! Credit to Amazon and I had no problems with returns and a refund.

In the end I went back to the shop and bought the non gortex version of this shoe which is super comfortable. This time the size 12 fitted.

Summary: great shoe but get it fitted in a shop rather than rely on the sizing working for you on an online purchase.
on 7 October 2012
I am a milkman, and over the years I have tried every type of shoe, and trainer. These are expensive, but they are the best. They keep my feet dry in all weathers. they are very comfortable, and they last me for about nine months per pair. Any other shoe will last me 3-5months tops. So for walking and working, these are great.