Price:£4.98+ Free shipping

on 24 February 2013
I have an unusual use for this product, I run a Snake Sanctuary and the snakes water bowls become lined with limescale after a while, so I put a tablespoon of citric acid into the bowl pour boiling water on top and voila in an hour of so all the limescale is gone.
This will work with any ceramic, metal or pottery bowl with limescale stuck on it.
Being able to buy Citric acid in larger quantities this way is great for us.
on 21 August 2013
I have a Senseo coffee machine which needs de-scaling regularly and I used to buy the Phillips Senseo de-scaler which came in 50gm sachets,4 to a box.They cost approx £7 until someone commented on my review of them that I could buy the citric acid far cheaper this way.
well I have now bought this and there should be enough to last me for longer than the machine I should think.At this price I am still quids in so I happy very happy.
It arrived packed in two clear plastic bags and placed in a white plastic bag for delivery.
on 27 February 2015
Brilliant! De_scales items very well!

(Citric acid comes in a thick, resealable clear bag (bought from Intralabs))

Used 50g (kettle half filled - boiling water to dissolve crystals) in heavily limescaled kettle
(tilted kettle to get bits higher up near spout for another hour!)

After it fizzed for 2 hours or so doing its stuff, I transferred liquid to clean out my filter coffee maker. Ran it thru process thrice.

After a good flushing, Coffee taste has improved measurably + items are both cleaned and shiny like new!
on 19 December 2014
Arrived quickly. I mainly use it to keep the kettle clear of limescale and for this it is an excellent and economical purchase.

The previous stainless steel kettle and others have been ruined by allowing too much build-up over many months and then having to repeatedly blitz with stronger acids to get it clear.

Our new glass kettle brings limescale to my attention as it happens. I find that after cleaning, limescale is visible within 24 hours. After two days it is like a thin coat of paint over the base.

So every two days I leave about 300-400ml of water in after last cuppa of the day, and whilst still hot I add a flat third of a teaspoon of citric acid. Swirl it around and boil a time or two more over a 10 minute period. This completely clears it back to new-looking metal. Rinse and we're ready to go.

Using such a small amount each time means the pack will last ages, and I think it will be a lot kinder to the kettle as well as maintaining peak energy efficiency.
on 15 December 2012
Purchased this to descale our steam oven, we have also used it on our coffee machine, steam iron and kettle. Works really well and is non hazardous.
on 19 September 2015
The wife's high end iron was completely scaled up and refused to steam even though it has a descaling function. After trying white vinegar with limited success, we were on the point of buying another iron. But after reading on the net that citric acid was reasonably benign and an effective method of descaling appliances I thought I would order one kilogram from C.S.I Cleaning Solutions. The citric acid arrived promptly and was well packed.

No at all confident of success, I mixed up a solution of nine to one by volume, deionised water to citric acid, and poured it into the iron. I then switched the iron on, held the steam button down, and rocked the iron backwards and forwards. Pretty soon the iron started steaming again, first from one hole then gradually all the holes. The steam blew out an amazing amount of yellow/dark grey powder and lumps. After around a minute of the iron huffing and puffing the kitchen was full of steam and acrid fumes (you need good ventilation). I kept this up until all holes were emitting steam smoothly and the scale stopped coming out. Then I refilled with deionised water and let that steam through to clear out any residue of citric acid.

Since then the iron has worked perfectly and my wife is very pleased.

My advice is to use deionised water, not tap water like we did, in your iron. Do this even if the manufacture's instructions say not to (what they mean is that it is not necessary to use deionised water) and don't be put off if the instructions say not to use a descaler as ours did, although some other descalers may be too caustic and damage your iron.

I have also now used citric acid for cleaning/removing scale from other items with good results as well.

Seems like this citric acid is good stuff: £5 and 10 minutes work saved us around £80 for a new iron.
on 20 November 2014
I bought this after reading great reviews on Lemishine which is an American brand for use in the Dishwasher to help eliminate limescale cloudiness. I recently moved into a new place and my new dishwasher produces poor results - cloudy cutlery and cups. After reading that Citric Acid was a cheaper alternative to Lemishine (and you cannot find the product in the UK), I decided to try this.

First wash was yesterday and the difference is clear between cups that have been in the wash with citric acid and those that haven't. I am naturally a sceptic but I must say this works brilliantly if you live in a hard water area and have cloudy dishes as a result.
on 7 August 2013
I needed citric acid to make elderflower cordial and couldn't buy it anywhere in town. I ordered from here and within a couple of days it was here in perfect condition, well packed. I would certainly recommend meridianstar.
on 11 January 2016
There's a very strong smell of asian spices that seems to come from the actual powder and not just the packaging.

This suggests there's been some cross contamination.

I kept the product anyway because I don't want to go through the hassle of returning it. I won't be purchasing it again though.

It did work for my purpose (descaling) as expected and didn't leave a spice smell in the appliances.
It's pure - a far as we could tell - citric acid, it arrived well packed in a strong bag and it arrived quickly. Fitted letterbox. Most of it is now in Elderflower cordial at a considerable saving over the local Pharmacy. Well done