Customer Discussions > Lost: Season 1-6 [DVD] forum

Menu issue!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Nov 2011 14:46:49 GMT
I must warn others who wish to buy this boxset as alll the menu was in Japanese!!! what a shock!!!!!

Posted on 14 Nov 2011 22:41:52 GMT
Yeah I've just discovered that, what the hell?!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2011 05:11:16 GMT
I think Amazon UK repackaged this boxset with the Japan version that cant sell in Japan...thats why this boxset offer -81% !!! This is unaccepteble cos without the english menu,its very tough to search the chapers,bonus materials,deleted scene......I presume very few read Japanese !!!

Posted on 15 Nov 2011 09:33:26 GMT
I did contact Amazon UK about the Menu language problem and they asked me to send the bulky boxset all the way back to Ireland for full refun...once they received the return package !!! Its always too risky to send something so big so far away,furthermore its not my fault!!! So,my advise to all my fellow Lost fan: dont buy this boxset if you dont read Japanese language !!!

Posted on 7 Dec 2011 01:28:11 GMT
This problem is still actual? It was with DVD or Blu-Ray box set?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 05:03:35 GMT
Blu-ray Box set,Season 1 to Season 4 with Japanese Menu......very bad !!!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 May 2012 03:58:17 BDT
Blu-ray boxset !!!

Posted on 9 Jun 2012 15:42:38 BDT
BeRo says:
I had no problems playing this box-set in a LG BD550 blu-ray player, when the disk is put in, it gives a list of languages to select, when I select the first one, English, it then goes into the menu's in English, and automatically selects English audio and English subtitles.

Posted on 10 Jun 2012 20:10:34 BDT
Mark says:
I have had no issues with this set either, received my set last week. You should have arranged with Amazon for a replacement, Amazon will refund costs of return if you do.

Posted on 11 Jun 2012 04:55:29 BDT
Tianbo Ren says:
Anyone here bought this bluray set who is in the US. Is it region free? i.e. will it play in American bluray players and PS3s?

I've bought numerous amazon.co.uk sets, which all work in the US. Some of them were labeled "region free" on the UK website, while others were not. Hoping to get a confirmation from someone that this will work in the US, because it is such a cheap deal right now.

Posted on 9 Nov 2012 14:09:32 GMT
N. Klein says:
This set is absolutely fine. The Japanese menu problem might pop only on seasons 1, 2 and 3, and only if you play them with a region A player. Put them in a standard Region B player and you will have no problems whatsoever.
There are quite a few blu-rays on the market which have hidden Japanese menus and Japanese language options. However, with most of them, the Japanese menu only appears when your blu-ray player's menu/audio/subtitle are on a Japanese default setting. Usually this can easily be changed to English by setting your blu-ray player's settings to English default.
With the UK Lost blu-rays (only the first 3 seasons) it defaults to Japanese automatically on region A NTSC-machines and stays fixed on this setting. So, unless one is a Japanese language wiz, and For region A-player owners I suggest you get the US-version.

At least seasons 1, 2, 3 are region free. Don't know about the rest.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  14 Nov 2011
Latest post:  9 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Lost: Season 1-6 [DVD]
Lost: Season 1-6 [DVD] by Evangeline Lily (DVD - 2010)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (228)