- Platform: Windows Vista / 7 / 8
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £2.05 UK delivery
Men of War Assault Squad 2 [Deluxe Edition]
- advanced multi-core support
- advanced shader technology
- interface and AI improvements, including unit kill counts and squad icon information
- new multiplayer interface
- camouflage depending on season
- fully updated inventory items with new graphics and updated vehicles
- sound improvements, including voice acting
- Steam features, including Steam multiplayer, matchmaking, achievements, cloud, player statistics, leaderboards, voice chat, Valve anti-cheat, friends invite and workshop
- player level up and ranked system
- in-game video recording, and much more.
Virtual Reality Is Coming
2016 is the year of Virtual Reality. Find out everything you need to know at our Virtual Reality Store. Learn about Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR and the HTC Vive and sign-up to be notified when they will be released.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Men of War: Assault Squad 2 is the new chapter in the award-winning Men of War series and a continuation of the Assault Squad experience. The game features new single player style skirmish modes and Commanders can now face-off against opponents on various new multiplayer 1v1 – 4v4 maps. There’s also new 8v8 game mode designed for huge battles on spectacular maps.
This Deluxe Edition’s extra features include a five star general ribbon for your main menu badge, a unique five star general achievement, a special icon for your player avatar visible to everyone during a match, an outstanding HUD element visible whilst playing and recording matches and an experience boost for all factions in multiplayer to unlock units faster.
REQUIRES INTERNET CONNECTION AND FREE STEAM ACCOUNT TO ACTIVATE.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
First off lets get to the advances from MOW Assault squad 1.
In terms of interface it is almost exactly the same as AS1 with the addition of new squad control feature that makes it easy to group men. It has also seen a gloss over on the controls, leaving more hot keys and short cuts to moving troops around objectives quicker. However there is no major overhaul and the game plays exactly as its predecessor. Some may call it a lazy form of development but if it isn't broke.......
Gameplay is slighter faster and smother, they've added more animation to troops and the interact quicker for a faster pace game.
Guns and tanks have had a boost in killing power especially the mg nests which are now particularly lethal to infantry.
Tanks are particularity dangerous if allowed to roam with their high firepower damage.
The most welcome addition is the changing scenarios introduced which really helped to reduce the repetition that dogged the first game. Although game still needs to take steps in bringing more variety and historical accuracy to the campaigns (i.e. geographical accuracies based on landscape, terrain, force differences and weather) to each particular battle. AS2 is making steps in the right direction with this.
What AS2 lacks in variety it makes up in tons of mods. The greatest part of this game is that there are scores of dedicated developers who are supporting the game by making mods of single, co-op or multiplayer scenarios.Read more ›
The game is more balanced than other and the special points/units make for some fun turnaround points in online games.
Recently there were some major updates which bugged the hell out of the game and killed the playerbase as it became almost unplayable online. Thankfully they have been sending out weekly patches, sometimes twice a week for the last month and it is now stable again.
Only two things I will warn you about:
1) if you are new to the game, expect to be chewed up unless against other newbies.......very steep learning curve
2) it really does help to either have some historical knowledge of the ww2 units and their effectiveness or a friend that can brief/run you through faction units so you know what works against what.....saves you a lot trial and error
but most of all...its countless fun and no two games will ever be the same because of the variety of units and players. Between this game and the original men of war, I have about 1500games and I still keep coming back daily after years and years. Cant recommend enough!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Can't get the graphics to show. It says game is running and playing yet I'm not playing. Want to uninstall but when click uninstall it won't do it. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Lois Engle