1. Both iPad and iPad mini feature function of limiting output current (up to 100 mA) in order to save power. Thus, supported memory cards are recognised if consume less than 100 mA current. Typically, memory cards up to 32G can work with this camera connection kit.
2. Your memory card format must be FAT32. SDHC/Micro SD(TF)/MS Duo/M2/MMC cards could offer better user experience. DO NOT SUPPORT SDXC, COMPACT FLASH PICTURE CARD and 64G/128G SDHC MEMORY CARD.
3. Make sure your photos/videos are in a supported formats and stored within a DCIM (Digital Camera Images) folder on your supported Cards. Without a DCIM folder the iPad will not recognise them.
4. Please ensure to push card into slot far enough to make a proper connection. Otherwise, you might get an error message saying this device is not supported etc.
5. Please be patient, it will take a few seconds to let iPad open photo library automatically when there are large amounts of photos and videos stored in the SD card.
6. If your card reader still does not work, please upgrade iPad to latest iOS. Reverse lightning plug and reinsert into iPad's port.
*COMPATIBLE DEVICES* iPad 4/iPad air/iPad mini/iPad mini with retina display/DOES NOT SUPPORT IPHONE 5/5S/5C *INTERFACES* FIVE Slots for SD(HC)/TF/MMC/M2/MS Duo Cards up to 32G.