on 5 August 2011
absolutely brilliant puzzle would highly recommend. nice solid pieces and added educational value with the pictures to count underneath which add more to the puzzle than just putting it in right place. my 2,4 and 5 years old sons all love this so excellent long lasting value as puzzle for younger children and helping them recognise numbers and count as they develop. really pleased.
on 20 February 2012
This puzzle was an instant hit with my two year old. It is a very good quality and colourful puzzle with bright pictures underneath the letter pegs to help aid letter recognition. My two year old found the pegs themselves easy to handle and manipulate. They have smooth edges which make them easier to place in the correct gaps, unlike some puzzles. All round excellent value for money.
on 11 February 2012
Last week, I bought this puzzle for my 18 month old boys who are showing an interest in counting everything, and puzzles are very much their thing. I liked the reviews form other people and bought this puzzle. It may be still very early days and my boys need more time to become more familiar with this particular puzzle, as at the moment they are not very patient to work out where the numbers should go. Working that out is not as obvious in this puzzle (which is not a negative!), as for example, number 3 and number 8 can be misplaced and fit the hole well. But when all the numbers are taken out and put on the side, my kids want to count the little images on the puzzle. The pins are not a problem for little hands, as I have seen my boys rotating the numbers holding them by the pins and inserting them well in the holes. So, this puzzle can already be educational for 18 month old children.

As a primary school teacher, I can see that the practice of playing with this puzzle (especially when playing with an adult) will certainly help a child to associate the counting/quantity with the correct number, and the fact that numbers 6 and 9 are cut exactly the same, shows children how these numbers can be turned around and seem the same. I'm not sure if the colours chosen mean anything, but I would perhaps have preferred if all the odd numbers were one colour and all the even numbers were another colour. That would be an extension factor for the educational value of this puzzle.

The only down side of this particular puzzle, I think, is the fact that the edges are a little rough. Also, I'm not sure how durable these pieces actually are, because if someone accidentally stepped on a turned over piece on a hard floor, the piece might get damaged. It is important to look after the pieces and keep them safe.
on 25 February 2012
My 1.5yr old loves this M&D jigsaw - it's one of his favs! He got to grips with it really quickly and is very proud of himself when he completes it now in double quick time!:) You can't go wrong with it - a must buy!
on 7 May 2012
Bought this for my son - 19 months who loves numbers. Very Good quality and durable. He does it over and over and has increased his concentration span
on 16 July 2013
I was expecting an all-wood puzzle, but the peg pieces have a paper face on them. Unfortunately this is of poor quality and within a few hours my daughter had peeled off the edges of a few of the numbers. It's not so bad that I will return the item, but I wouldn't have purchased this had I known.
on 23 December 2013
I bought this as a gift and had to send it straight back. The puzzle is made of cardboard glued onto wood and one of the numbers was printed and stuck on in completely the wrong place.
It would have been a great gift, but was let down by the quality control process.
on 29 April 2015
Bought for toddler.
Large colourful numbers with pegs make it easy for little ones to grasp.
Has a printed amount under each number.
Made by a top layer of printed paper stuck onto MDF, some of which have peeled off the edges of the numbers.
Also, the numbers "6" and "9" are the same shape but one is obviously upside down, which is abit confusing for the child as the child now puts the "9" where the "6" goes, because the printed picture beneath number "6" is the same colour as the number "9".
And because they're cut slightly differently, the "9" keeps getting stuck in the "6" slot. Would have been better if the "9" was cut the same way the we write it- with a straight back.
on 19 February 2014
There aro no names on it 'one', 'two', ...
I bought it only because it has names.
Overpriced.
You can buy similar products for the same price in Mothercare discounted half price and Sainsbury's twice cheaper.
VINE VOICEon 23 June 2011
i cant recommend this item highly enough, great fun, great educational value and a well made thick puzzle that will last for more than one generation of children in my opinion if looked after .
my daughter is 22 months old and was desperate for more puzzles, i knew this brand had a good reputation and loved the pictures so went for it, the value for money is great compared with other puzzles of a lesser quality but higher price.
my daughter has managed to work out where they all go easily but has not tired of repeating the puzzle which also means its great for learning the numbers and counting.
this is an all round bargain toy in a classic style
worth buying