My son received this as a gift to go with his Melissa & Doug Deluxe Standing Easel
, and my son loves it. Comes with seven items:
1) Washable paint in four colors: red, blue, yellow, green...my son has learned how to mix colors for orange and purple...and the paint is washable but you still might want to purchase a Melissa and Doug Artist's Smock
2) Paper roll is nice, but kind of thin...depending on how your child paints, it may soak through a little.
3) Dry-erase marker in blue; I bought an Expo Low Odor Dry Erase Marker Set so my son would have different colors, but the one that comes with the set works great & wipes off easily.
4) Felt eraser. We use this one for the chalkboard side of his easel, and I bought another eraser for the dry-erase side of the easel.
5) The spill-proof cups are awesome. The lids screw off so you can pour the paint in, and they have flip tops that can be open while in use. There is a hole under the flip lid that accomodates the paint brush, and the area around the hole slants downwards so any run-off slides back into the cup and not over the edge.
6) The four paintbrushes come in red, blue, yellow, and green -- helps a child keep the colors from getting messy.
7) The chalk is awesome, but not sure why they have black chalk in the set -- you can't even see it on a green board. The chalk goes on and wipes off easy enough. The design makes it easier to hold, especially for littles ones learning how to hold a writing instrument correctly.
I wish the set came with two erasers, and more than one dry-erase marker, but otherwise this is a perfect set.