- Platform: Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 12 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 12. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 12 years of age or over.
- Media: Software Download
Sid Meier's Civilization V Brave New World [Online Game Code]
|All prices include VAT.|
- New Policies and Ideologies: Enter the Industrial Age and choose the ideology of your people: Freedom, Order, or Autocracy. Each ideology grants access to increasingly powerful abilities, and serves the different victory conditions in unique ways. The choices you make will impact your relationships with other civilizations for the rest of the game.
- New Culture Victory: Spread your culture across the globe, dominating all other cultures. Create masterpieces with Great Artists, Writers and Musicians that are placed in key buildings across your empire like Museums, Opera Houses, and even the Great Library. Use Archaeologists to investigate sites of ancient battles and city ruins for priceless cultural artifacts. Become the first civilization with a majority influence in all other civilizations to achieve a Culture Victory, becoming the envy of the world.
- World Congress: The importance of diplomacy is intensified and city-state alliances are more important than ever. Change the diplomatic landscape through a new World Congress that votes on critical issues like implementing trade sanctions against rogue nations, limiting resource usage, designating host cities for the World Games, and the use of nuclear weapons. Game-changing resolutions, vote trading, intrigue and a new lead-in to the Diplomatic Victory ensures that the end of the game will be more dynamic than ever before.
- Two New Scenarios: American Civil War: Fight the "War Between the States" from either the Union or Confederate side as you focus on the critical Eastern theatre of operations between the capital cities of Richmond and Washington. Scramble for Africa: The great colonial powers of the world are scrambling to explore the Dark Continent and extend their reach into its interior. Search for the great natural wonders of the heart of Africa as you explore a dynamically-generated continent each time you play.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Supported OS: Mac Mountain Lion Mac Lion Mac Snow Leopard
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo
- RAM: 2 GB
- Hard Disk: 8 GB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce® 8800, 9600, GT 120, 320M, 330M, 640M, 650M, 660M, 675MX, 680MX ATI Radeon HD 2600, HD 3870, HD 4670, HD 4850, HD 5670, HD 5750, HD 5770, HD 5870, HD 6490, HD 6630M, HD 6750, HD 6770M, HD 6970M, HD 7950 Intel HD 4000, HD 5000
- Additional Requirements: NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive) Other Requirements: Initial installation requires one-time Internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client. Internet Connection and acceptance of Steam™ Subscriber Agreement required for activation. See www.steampowered.com/agreement for details Software license terms available in game manual and at www.take2games.com/eula. Non-transferable access to special features such as exclusive, unlockable, downloadable or online content, services or functions may require single-use serial code, additional fee and/or online account registration (13+). Access to special features may require internet connection, may not be available to all users, and may, upon 30 days notice, be terminated, modified or offered under different terms.
Steam account required for game activation and installation
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Now, for the game!
If you are looking at this then you are likely familiar with the Civ series and will know how addictive it is. This DLC is no different! It adds alot of new features into the game based on culture and religion, however I've noticed a huge improvement in how the AI acts. They actually move units tactically now and it adds a huge bonus to the game. They still attempt to make ridiculous trade offers but it's a step in the right direction.
The price is the main reason I went for Amazon. Steam is currently offering it for £20, which for DLC is a bit pricey for my liking, so I'd advise you to get this deal before it changes.
It's definitely worth it if you're a Civ fan and paired with Gods and Kings it makes the game utterly addictive and brilliant.
I'm just trying out the game now but the expansion so far, rounds off the game nicely. It gives you far easier ways of befriending the city states whilst also greatly expanding the scope of how the game is played and the objectives you are aiming for.
I wouldn't have paid £19.99 for it, but this price is perfect and very good value for money.
Why you ask? I was a little to ruthless and diplomatically slippery as well as being a back stabbing two faced city stealing scumbag. Friends don't appreciate your political and military finesse when it comes to ruling the map and conquering all the other empires.Especially when you had a peace treaty in place. Nobody expected Germany to invade Czechoslovakia was my usual response to their petty cries of hatred but this is not how to maintain friendships I discovered in a psychology book later on.
Advise not playing with your friends as you wont have any after a while.
Excellent game though.
the new trade route feature is more fun than the default trading feature (going to the leader screen and swap luxuries etc). And of course the new great writer, musician and artists add a lot to the cultural game. Sadly there is only 1 type of great scientist , I would love to have great Physicist , great biologist etc! :) never mind :)
Overall I really thoroughly enjoy this ep. I think it is a lot better than Gods and Kings , which deal with Spy (which I never quite get), and religions (which is really just like a small branch of social policy which gives you some extra food or happiness :))
Works on Windows, too. Bought one copy for my Mac, one copy for my Windows friend.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My most played game ever. Great online community. Bar a few minor gripes it's an solid Civ game and and a worthy successor to Civ IV.
No more stack of death! Woo!
Cheaper than steam and still instant as you receive a game code via email so can install it immediately still as you need to download it from steam anyway.Published 20 months ago by Thefluffyrocker
Compatible with Steam (which was what I wanted) Just input the code given on Steam and bobs your uncle it will download. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Joe Brookes
Just to confirm that this is a steam code so it will work on either Windows or Mac and its also less than half the price of the windows version :D
Just make sure your... Read more
Adds a new dimension to an already fantastic game. Trade routes and and a new twist on a cultural victory add even more replayability.Published 22 months ago by B. Simpson
If you've played a civ game then you need to own this. Literally hundreds of hours of game play and fun for a small price. Read morePublished on 6 Jan. 2014 by DSVBK
Brilliant, massively improves a good game and wraps it up into a nicely finished product.
This is a must get add on for the game.