on 29 December 2013
Usually John Adams toys are well constructed educational toys, but not this one! The instructions are poor and unclear and it's impossible to build if you follow them. For example for one of the tubes you are told to cut into two 280mm lengths, which is tricky when the length of the biggest tube is slightly less than 560mm. If I hadn't checked beforehand I would have had two unevenly cut pieces.

My 8 yr old son quickly got bored with the construction and would not have managed it at all without my help, and I'm not sure I will manage it either!. After two 1+ hour sessions we've not even managed to complete it, and my son isn't that interested in finishing it off. I am considering packing it back into the box and seeing if I can returned it as it's certainly not fit for purpose.
on 27 December 2013
Do not buy this. It took 2 (competent and sober!) men 2 1/2 hours to make on Christmas day. My son (and the men) were so disappointed when it was finished. The bullets didnt even fire out of the end they rolled out. Really bad design and after 10 mins play its now falling apart anyway.
on 3 January 2014
Well where do I begin with this item ? Day 1..Son and husband both attempting to construct the blaster, If I heard my husband comment that it was a pile of rubbish I heard it a thousand times... Instructions just don't make any sense, errors made through the instructions which then resulted in my husband threatening to put in bin before even completing! Day 2.. Son and husband resume goal to complete the job in hand, after another 2 hours of mistakes and complaints made they finish the task. My son positions the blaster, aims, shoots and fires....... plop, the bullets fall flat on the floor 3ft infront of him... What a complete waste of time and my son was not amused because the blaster doesn't even bloody blast!! Oh and the dog ran to the bullet and chewed it!!
on 25 December 2013
Don't be deceived by the TV advert for this product (sadly I was). I purchased this for my 9 yr old son and we were excited to build this together on Christmas day. After 2 hours building it (instructions completetly incorrect and unclear) I finally completed it on my own as my son got bored.
Although it was very flimsy I thought opinions would change once the gun was built and we could fire the darts onlt to find the mechanism is faulty so wouldn't fire at all!!!

A nice idea for a toy but the execution is appalling. I shall ask for a refund and let you know how I get on!
on 31 January 2014
Whilst my son had some fun building this, it really is a waster of money. THe bullets fire about 1 foot - I"d buy something else instead, and it is very flimsy as it's made of foam mostly.
on 10 February 2014
Son loves it and was very happy to take apart and put it all different ways .easy to use and make .
on 18 October 2015
The reviewers saying it took 2 men X amount of hours made me laugh. I am a 30 year old woman and it took me and my 6 year old son about an hour and a half. He loved cutting the pipe and drilling the holes with my guidance.
TOP TIP read the instructions before you start cutting stuff people!
The completed gun looks amazing and is huge!
Yes the darts don't fire as far a s a nerf gun, but this isn't a nerf gun. it is still a fab toy To get you thinking and interacting with your kids.
For the ten pounds I paid for it I would highly recommend.
on 18 January 2014
Bought this for my nephew for Christmas. He loves it. Would recommend as a present for young boys. Delivered in good time.
on 25 January 2014
Instructions for an 8+ were to my child ambiguous in parts and the colour coding to the tools required not always correct. This resulted in some parts getting cut incorrectly and we've had to go the the local DIY shop to get foam pipe insulation to replace the bits that were incorrectly cut. Recommend that you read and organise what you are doing thoroughly first. Still oodles of fun though.
on 2 December 2015
Managed to get them when they were on offer and my boy's are going to love them on Xmas morning. Great items and not like the cheap ones either

See one answered question