on 28 December 2010
An excellent book, just what I was looking for. Having lived in Crete for the past 5 years I have never managed to find a book specifically about growing organic vegetables in a Mediterranean climate. This is a well written and informative guide to any vegetable gardener living in a warm climate. I received this book last summer and have had great success with all of the growing methods tried to date.The three sisters produced an amazing crop of corn and my cauliflowers grown with peas are the best ever, next week we plant potatoes with basil leaves.
on 24 May 2011
I was in search of a self sufficiency gardening book that was specifically for growing in southern Spain. What a find this book was. It explained things in detail and was accompanied with great colour photos.
on 16 April 2011
This book is informative but practical and is a perfect guide to growing vegetables and fruit in a Med type climate. I am expecting to get good results this year and increasingly over the coming years. The book will be a constant companion. Well written and logical.
on 5 January 2011
Really helpful information for dealing with various mediterranean and continental climates. So good I bought a copy for a friend too! If you don't want to bother with working with the lunar cycles then just ignore this bit of it - the book is still invaluable.
on 31 July 2010
We were quite disappointed when we received this. Firstly, for the price we were expecting a somewhat larger book - either in size or number of pages. Secondly, one subject that we were particularly interested in was the 'pests' section, but unfortunately this is only an appendix and only very brief, and doesn't even mention the two problems that we have experienced this year (scale insects and mealy bugs - which are both quite common infestations).
Overall, some interesting information, but despite some good photographs, the oversize print adds to the feeling of 'not a lot for your money'.
Having just reviewed the product page again, it appears that our assumption is correct, as it has already been reduced!
on 20 March 2011
An excellent book that contained all the information that I sought. Well written in an eminently readable style. It will be a reference for many years to come
on 20 February 2011
Not another formulaic garden book. This had good ideas, plenty of information and inspiring pictures. My veg patch is changing this year.
on 4 February 2013
Cleared up many of my thoughts and quearies! It feels funny growing tom`s in the middle of winter! Sprouts in March!!!!!
on 10 December 2014
Its on the shelf with a lot of other organic growing reference books. Classics, oddities and inbetweens, I dont think there is much is here that isnt in the others but this is the book i reach for first, and usually last! Not too much information, lots of tree stuff, easy to access compatibility/rotation information. Nice one.
on 23 April 2013
This book is well written with beautiful photographs, which I found both useful and inspirational. The descriptions are clear and practical for even complete beginners. The author covers everything you need to know to create and maintain your kitchen garden. Well worth the money.