Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£5.60

on 18 December 1998
So many meditation books are trapped in the eastern traditions which they come from that it is difficult for an atheist like myself to get past all of the superficial trappings in order to gain anything from them. This book is different from any other meditation book I have ever read. The author is smart enough to realize that the trappings are unnecessary. He also presents a new side to meditation by explaining that meditation is a wonderfully sensual experience to be enjoyed for its own sake. I like this book a lot. I have been reading it a few pages at a time and enjoying it very much. If you are looking for a book on how to meditate which is very friendly to Westerners and the non-religious, this is very good.
on 29 April 2004
If you're looking for an alternative approach to meditation, this book definately fits that description.
It would probably be easier to write your own guide to this discipline than to follow the fuzzy instructions contained within.
on 8 December 2010
As a Yoga teacher, I find lots of people like the idea of meditating, but never do it. They come up with a great raft of resistance, often feeling meditation is complex, too mystical and hard. This book makes it easy, just like it says.
It is obvious Lorin knows what he is talking about and I am sure anyone could find a starting point for meditation with this book, realizing that it is not so hard after all!
on 9 August 2014
it was a brilliant read but the service in getting to me was very poor
on 4 January 2015
Awesome book ! Got me back into my practice with a fresh mind.