Medieval Murder Mysteries

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Sep 2009 08:03:18 BDT
C. Thompson says:
Can anyone suggest any author's that are comparable in detail and accuracy to that of C J Sansom's Shardlake series? Of course they need to be a fantastic read also. Any suggestions would be greatly received.

Posted on 18 Sep 2009 11:40:10 BDT
Y. Tilan says:
How is that relevant to this particular book? Oh..it isn't, you should post this somewhere relevant to get the answers you want.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Sep 2009 14:41:05 BDT
Swifty says:
The Great Stink by Clare Clark. Set a bit later on - in Victorian England during and after Crimean war. But a real gripping thriller just like C J Sansom. Feels like a really cool history lesson at the same time

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Oct 2009 20:50:16 BDT
Jdnewey says:
umberto eco - the name of the rose
hillary mantel - wolf hall
ken follett - pillars of the earth

Posted on 13 Dec 2010 22:12:37 GMT
Bz says:
May I suggest Bernard Knight's Crowner John series - read them in sequence, though. A series of well written mysteries against an impressive knowledge of 12th Century England coming to terms with Norman Law.

Posted on 25 Dec 2010 14:13:41 GMT
S. Conrad says:
Don't forget the Cadfael series.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2011 15:32:20 BDT
B. M. Wright says:
Check out Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle starting with Quicksilver (there's 3 books in all). I'm reading them the second time around and enjoying them all over again - I really rate this guy!!!

Posted on 8 May 2014 17:10:07 BDT
Edith Pargeter(aka Ellis Peters) does nice one on The Brothers of Gwynnedd Quartet, and I'm fond of Iain Pears's
An Instance of the Fingerpost - gripping even second time round!

Posted on 8 May 2014 19:26:28 BDT
Bz says:
Can't believe it over 3 years since I mentioned Bernard Knight (above ! ) Those lovely People who sell Books have a set of his Crowner John series.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  14 Sep 2009
Latest post:  8 May 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium)
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium) by Stieg Larsson (Hardcover - 26 July 2010)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (1,954)