- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 2nd Edition edition (26 Sept. 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118589939
- ISBN-13: 978-1118589939
- Product Dimensions: 17.3 x 2 x 24.4 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 363,798 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Medical Statistics: A Guide to SPSS, Data Analysis and Critical Appraisal Paperback – 26 Sep 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, and more.
From the Back Cover
Medical Statistics provides you with the essential knowledge and skills to undertake and understand evidence–based clinical research. This book is invaluable for researchers and clinicians engaged in a wide range of research studies. A practical, comprehensive, stepby–step guide is provided – from study design, required sample size, selecting the correct statistical test, checking test assumptions, conducting and interpreting statistics, interpretation of effect sizes and P values, to how best report results for presentation and publication.
The SPSS commands for methods of statistical analyses frequently conducted in the health care literature are included such, as t–tests, ANOVA, regression, survival analysis, diagnostic and risk statistics etc. In addition, the most relevant corresponding output and interpretation is presented, with clear and concise explanations. Each chapter includes worked research examples with real data sets that can be downloaded. Critical appraisal checklists are also included to help researchers systemically evaluate the results of studies. This new edition includes a new chapter on longitudinal data that includes both a repeated measures and mixed models approach. Furthermore, all commands and output have been updated to IBM Statistics SPSS version 21 and SigmaPlot version 12.5.
Data sets for this book can be downloaded from
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Hospital Administration & Management
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Reference
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z