The at a Glance
series is popular among medical students and junior doctors for its concise and simple approach and excellent illustrations.
Each bite–sized chapter is covered in a double–page spread with colour summary diagrams on the left page and explanatory text on the right. Covering a wide range of topics, books in the at a Glance series are ideal as introductory subject texts or for revision purposes, and are useful throughout medical school and beyond.
Everything you need to know about Medical Pharmacology...at a Glance!
Following the familiar, easy–to–use at a Glance format, and in full–colour, Medical Pharmacology at a Glance is an accessible introduction and revision text for medical students. Reflecting changes to the content and assessment methods used by medical schools, this at a Glance provides a user–friendly overview of medical pharmacology to encapsulate all that the student needs to know.
Medical Pharmacology at a Glance:
- Addresses the key principles of medical pharmacology that are central to medicine
- Contains full–colour artwork throughout, making the subject easy to understand
- Presents schematic diagrams on the left page and concise explanations on the right
- Contains 10 self–assessment cases
- Explains the mechanisms involved in pharmacological processes and covers the mode of action and effects of drugs in clinical medicine
- Discusses the mechanisms of action of each drug, indicating the therapeutics of choice for specific conditions
- Covers basic principles of drug action; drug–receptor interactions; drug absorption, distribution and excretion; drug metabolism; how drugs act on specific body systems; and how drugs are used in a variety of common complaints
- Includes the latest changes in pharmacology and the British Pharmacological Society Core Curriculum
This book is an invaluable resource for all medical students just starting their study of medical pharmacology and for those approaching finals, for pharmacology students, junior doctors and residents.
Review of previous editions
"...Any student wanting a concise and accurate overview of pharmacology could do no better than start with this book."
The Pharmaceutical Journal
"...There isn′t really another book out there which can complete with this title The "at a Glance" series has expanded rapidly over the last few years, and this book remains the best of the lot."
Titles of related interest
Lecture Notes: Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Seventh Edition
Reid, Rubin & Walters, 2006, 9781405135191
Instant Clinical Pharmacology, Second Edition
Begg, 2007, 9781405150460
The Hands–on Guide to Clinical Pharmacology, Second Edition
Tofield, Milson & Chatu, 2005, 9781405120159