Although the book is intended for medical students, any students in health–related disciplines who must master pharmacology content may find this book helpful The approach used in this series will be appreciated by visual learners. (Doody′s, 3 August 2012)
From the Back Cover
Widely recognised as the
best starting point for pharmacology study, the internationally best–selling Medical Pharmacology at a Glance
is an ideal companion for all students of the health sciences.
Key principles are supported by coloured schematic diagrams – invaluable as both an introduction to medical pharmacology, and revision in the run–up to pharmacology exams.
Revised and thoroughly updated throughout, and reflecting changes to the content and assessment methods used by medical schools, Medical Pharmacology at a Glance:
- Introduces the basic principles of drug action, interaction, absorption and excretion
- Bases chapters on diseases and syndromes, for clinically–focused learning
- Includes references to the pathophysiology of disease, to aid understanding of drug choice and action
- Indicates the therapeutics of choice for specific disorders and conditions
- Features cross references between discussion of drug classes and diseases
- Includes self–assessment cases studies with full answers, for revision and review
- Features a new chapter on immunosuppressants and antirheumatoid drugs
Now includes a brand new companion website, with cases and fully downloadable flashcards, at www.ataglanceseries.com/pharmacology