on 21 January 2014
I have been using mcafee since my first computer at least 12 years ago and it has always performed faultlessly and improved each year I would not consider using any other internet security as long as it performs as it does first class
on 23 October 2013
MacAfee is my preferred protection for my pc i have tried other brands but have gone back to McAfee it works in the background and does not slow your system down were I have found others do. so I would highly recommend McAfee total protection it does exactly what it says on the box
on 10 May 2014
I tried many other brands, McAfee is good value for money, easy to use, better protection than others. doesn't slow the machine,
on 19 August 2014
McAfee Total protection has never given me any problems. My system has continued working well for last few years with McAfee total protection. One warning what arrives in the envelope is an invoice, Be careful you do not miss the small piece of cardboard which comes with the invoice. It contains the code to gain access via Mcafee site. No disk came with this offer. Downloaded it from the McAfee site without any problems.
on 26 April 2014
very reliable security protection especially with social networking, would recommend as a purchase! have used McAfee for last few years
on 30 December 2013
as I had mcafee protection before I did my laptop and desk computer i like the auto up dates thanks/
on 2 February 2015
I have used McAfee Total Protection for three PC's for years and always buy it through this method, because of the amazingly cheap price. It is a very easy security system to use and covers everything you need to keep your PC's secure. The pack comes with a CD which, even though I have a McAfee account is a quick and easy way to install it on all three PC's, you will need to type in the product key which you will find on the back of the CD sleeve, or on a card if there is no CD included.. McAfee is also easy to uninstall and re-install from your McAfee Account, if you purchase a new PC. I highly recommend this very easy to use security system.
on 7 October 2014
Does the job and a lot cheaper than renewing through mcafee...
occasionally lags computer/freezes for a few seconds when doing full scans/major update but unless you play games on your machine you probably wont notice
on 21 July 2014
I expected a CD-ROM, but instead I was received a redeem code in which I needed to claim online to download and install the files.
Secondly, I had numerous problems installing all of the security features (the Virus protection and scanning did not successfully download) on one of my machines.
On PC 1, in my subscription settings it shows that I have 7 days left until it expires, how can this be when I only just purchased the 1 year version?

McAfee is usually problem free, perhaps my download was corrupt? very disappointed.
on 21 January 2015
I have been in favour of McAfee ever since the international company I worked for used it on all PC's. The virus protection does not come out quite as well as one or two other brands (according to my computer magazine), but it is close. It also incorporates a firewall, email protection, website safety advisor, digital document/program shredder, and a password protected vault (ie an encrypted folder) where sensitive documents can be stored. I am very happy with it, and I don't believe it has ever interfered with any installing of software that I have done. It updates automatically, regularly, and I have always been able to reinstall it from their website after a Windows reinstall.

The only issue I have is that they always seem to try to charge me max price on renewal (They nag you to renew). Consequently, I let the old one lapse and buy afresh from Amazon. Why do they do they treat their existing clientele so badly?

Incidentally, for extra protection I installed SuperAntiSpyware Pro (from www.superantispyware.com/). One payment for lifetime subscription. This is also an excellent package and is a good complement to the McAfee software.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse