People want to enjoy the benefits of connecting, surfing, and shopping online and don't want to think about security risks. McAfee helps keep your PC safe from viruses, Trojans, spyware, and malware which might be picked up from email, USB sticks, removable hard drives, or simply browsing online. With McAfee Total Protection 2012 security software working in real time, security is there when you need it, invisible when you don't.
Confidence to play, work, and enjoy life online.
The most effective protection against virus, online and network threats.
McAfee Total Protection works relentlessly to ensure your digital security and to stay several steps ahead of cyber crime. At McAfee, we focus on one thing: keeping your digital life safe, so that you can surf, shop, and socialize online with confidence. McAfee parental controls allow you to set rules based on age, categories, and your preferences so your kids can use the internet safely. You can filter your children's web access, limit online time, and track their usage. McAfee Total Protection is quick and easy to install and offers unlimited email and chat support. Throughout the duration of your subscription, McAfee AntiVirus Plus conducts regular, automated updates to maximise your protection.
Updated 2012 Functions
The easy-to-use interface offers the highest level of operating comfort with just one click.
Most advanced botnet software blocks your PC’s attempts to connect to web addresses which are dubious. This extra defence helps prevent your computer from sending out your personal information to internet crime networks - so that your personal computer stays "personal".
As an integral part of the comprehensive suite, we provide ironclad protection for your data - regardless of where it resides. All your portable storage devices are scanned and malicious viruses, Trojans, and worms are blocked before they can wriggle into your PC and your network.
If your computer is already infected, McAfee Total Protection now offers a pre-installation scan to help you remove existing infections as our software installs.
When you need to know what is happening online, the surfing report shows login times and attempts to access forbidden sites. You can also see who is online when. Additional features include revitalised parental controls.
Now you can safely and easily share interesting and entertaining content with your social networks, providing web links that your friends can click with confidence. If your link becomes risky before they click, your friends will be warned and protected.
Make your updates and tweets short, sweet, and safe with our new integrated URL shortening service. You can embed brief, trustworthy URLs that spread the news without spam or malware.
Unused applications, cached browser files, and other junk slow down your PC. McAfee QuickClean™ software removes the clutter so your computer can keep up with your digital life.
This innovative software is now available with the revolutionary Active Protection™ Technology which offers instant protection from threats on your PC. A new threat can be analysed and blocked in milliseconds - anytime, anywhere.
With continuous and automatic updates, McAfee Network Monitor secures your home network, warning you of unsafe connections. The two-way firewall recognises any unfamiliar device and warns you when it tries to connect to your home network.
McAfee SiteAdvisor® LIVE-Software alerts you to unsafe websites
Use the age-based rules and adjustable categories to block inappropriate sites and limit online times
The IMPROVED Anti-phishing software - Advanced McAfee SiteAdvisor® LIVE software checks and alerts you to unsafe websites which you might receive in social media, email, and instant messages and blocks online phishing, when a scammer attempts to steal your personal or confidential information. Colour-coded icons next to your search results let you know before you click which sites are safe and which may install malicious code, phish for your identity, or send you spam. McAfee SiteAdvisor® LIVE prevents you from clicking on malicious websites in your browser, emails and Instant Messenger.
Additional features include McAfee anti-spam filters to constantly protect you from this shady side of the internet. McAfee parental controls lets parents use age-based rules and adjustable categories to block inappropriate sites and limit online time to ensure improved protection for the entire family. The digital data shredder permanently destroys sensitive files to be sure they cannot be retrieved by other users when you donate, recycle, lend or upgrade your device.
- New: McAfee now blocks stealthy botnet software by denying its attempts to connect your PC to web addresses which are dubious
- New: McAfee scans portable storage devices to prevent malicious codes getting into your network
- New: McAfee’s pre-install scan removes infections as our software installs
- McAfee VirusScan Plus – Relentless security software scans and blocks dangerous viruses
- Network Monitor – recognises new devices and alerts you when they connect to your network
- Two-way firewall – prevents malicious software from gaining access to your PC
- McAfee keeps your identity safe from hacking for secure on-line transactions
- Plus: McAfee Home Network Defense blocks data thieves from seeing passwords and personal files on your PC when you share a wireless network
- Plus: Keep your essential family photos, tax records, and music safe by backing them up to password-protected, encrypted online storage personal and
- Plus: Online account administration enables other devices being added to your subscription
McAfee is one of the world’s leading suppliers of security software and systems management solutions. McAfee develops computer security solutions, detecting and blocking unauthorised access to networks and is relentlessly focused on protecting computer systems from the latest threats. All McAfee products are supported by the Anti-Virus–Research Organisation, McAfee Labs, which is protecting McAfee customers from emerging and complex threats.
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3 or higher (32-bit)
- Windows Vista SP1 or higher (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 incl. SP1 (32- and 64-bit)
- 512 MB RAM for XP
- 1 GB RAM for Vista and Windows 7
- 500 MB free drive space
- 1 GHz processor
- High-speed connection recommended
Supported Browsers for Anti-phishing
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 and higher
- Firefox 3.5 and higher
- Google Chrome
Supported Email Programs
- POP3-Microsoft Windows Mail, Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, Eudora, Netscape, IncrediMail, Thunderbird
- Web-MSN/Hotmail, or email account with POP3 access
Required for Anti-spam Toolbar
- Windows Mail or Outlook
- Express 6.0+
- Outlook XP+
- Thunderbird 1.5+
- McAfee Anti-spam also supports other POP3 email clients (without SSL) and web accounts
Supported Instant Messaging Programs
- AOL Instant Messenger 2.1+
- Yahoo Messenger 4.1+
- Microsoft Windows Messenger 3.6+
- MSN Messenger 6.0+