- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 7746 KB
- Print Length: 256 pages
- Publisher: The History Press Ireland; annotated edition edition (8 Mar. 2012)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00C8X75M8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,472,640 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Mayflower: The Voyage that Changed the World Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Beyond the basic history, he provides some very interesting commentary on the long term effects of the document they all signed, the Mayflower Compact. He traces the sentiments, even some of the wording in the compact to the constitutions of other states, even to the United States Constitution. This was an aspect that I had never seen before.
There is some puzzlement with why they landed in Massachusetts. One document that I have heard of says that it was because they were out of beer on board. The brewing process kills all pathogens in dirty water. This is one way to clean the water for a sea voyage. I have no idea if this is true, but it's a very good story.
Good job Christopher!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > North America > Colonial, Independence 1501-1800
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > Discovery & Exploration
- Books > Reference > Transport > Ships
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > Americas
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > World
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Professional & Technical > Transportation > Ships