on 10 April 2009
This is about the size of a golf ball, and is made from a robust plastic. It is filled with a fluid so that the part that gives you the answer is floating free inside.

Think of your question, give the ball a shake, and turn it so that the clear side is uppermost, the little floating answer shape floats up to the see-thro panel and you read off your answer.

I like this simple little toy as is also then can sort out family disputes "do we go to the cinema" "should so-and-so tidy her room now" etc - and if the child shakes it to get the answer they feel the answer if fair! - go on get it, it's great fun and also brilliant as a party bag gift.
on 24 April 2011
When I tried to make this thing answer my questions, the answers were clouded over by this stupid black cloudy liquid. I got fed up with it and threw it out the window. I was surprised to find it remained in one piece, however. Puzzled by this, I picked it up and asked myself "why aren't you broken". The triangle thing inside floated up and said "I am beyond your mortal understanding." I laughed this off as a coincidence and promptly deposited the stupid toy in the waste bin. I was later awoken from my sleep around midnight by something rolling along my laminate bedroom floor. I turned the light on and found the Magic 8-Ball at the foot of my bed. I since locked it in my attic but every night I'm awoken by a wailing noise from under my bed that tells me I'm going to die on the twelfth of March, 2019 at 3:45AM.
Very disappointed in this product and think it unsuitable for Christians under 12.
33 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Brought this as a little present for one of my kids ( girl aged 7) She loves playing with it and asking questions. It needs a bit of a shake and sometimes it does take a bit of time for the answers to come out clearly. I caught her brothers shaking it and asking the ball if she was going to give the ball to them!

It's a simple toy that's a bit of fun. It's plastic,sturdy but not a bouncy ball, so it may take a little bit of rough and tumble but I wouldn't drop it too often for fear it might crack.

And if the answer isn't​ the one you seek, shake it again!
on 27 June 2009
I like Magic 8 balls - and this one has all the standard ambiguous messages that you expect.

But it's not as good as my original 8-ball in terms of actually showing the answer. It seems to get 'stuck' on an edge more times than not. I guess you could take that as a non-committal answer but it is a bit frustrating.
on 24 December 2014
I bought this for my Daughter Christmas present and have tried it out to make sure it works fine. This item is good quality and should keep her amused for a while in does what it says on the box. It is ok for kids but not sure how long it will keep her amused. It came in the post very quick and the price was fine.
on 7 December 2014
It was fun to begin with (at least as fun as a magic 8 ball can be :P), although the messages were not displayed very clearly some times, or were even stuck between two messagges.

At some point a few months after I bought it, the messages stopped being visible at all, so the ball became unusable and I stopped being able to predict the future. :(

I bought it for £5.5 several years ago, so I'm surprised that this version now costs around £40!
on 10 February 2016
"Will I regret purchasing this magic 8 ball?" "You may rely on it". This hasn't become the case yet! Indecision is no longer a thing for me - when in doubt consult the 8 ball, this will be your mantra. It does sometimes get stuck on the edge between two answers but I kind of like that - sort of implies you already know the answer or simply shouldn't ask the question! I first saw one on Toy Story and have wanted one ever since. You won't regret buying it! Accept life's chaotic nature, leave all the anxiety-causing stressful choices up to the divine eightball, everything happens for a reason - and that reason is the eightball.
on 15 July 2011
I am shocked and amazed. This random gadget eerily predicts an answer to any given question. I ask it if its going to rain, it will tell me with frightening accuracy. I ask it if I will find my lost sock, again, very accurate. I also ask it if I should have another beer and it usually agrees it IS a good idea.

Fun, fab and funky item! Makes a great gift for anyone.
on 21 November 2011
Once you start asking, it's difficult to get back to normal decision making techniques. It's a toy that everyone would enjoy, no matter their age. I bought one as a gift and after few weeks of owning it I will have a hard time parting with it. At this price (I got mine for £4.69) this is the perfect gift for a friend if you can't spend much, but still want to give him/her something cool and more unique than a book or music cd. I asked the ball if my friend will like it and it said "Yes". We will know tomorrow I suppose! But for the moment it's surprisingly accurate and I'm glad I got it. As expected, perfect handling and packaging by Amazon, arrived just in time and in brand new condition.
on 20 April 2012
actually we bought this item for an adult birthday. and it's fun for adults to ask questions and read on the magic 8 ball. we live in france and couldn't find it here. we were happy to get it from UK. It is just like in the movies... !