on 12 July 2014
I am a huge fan of Matilda the Musical and was delighted wit the Broadway Cast recording. Overall, I personally prefer the Origainal Cast Recording BUT this album has some aspects which are better. The Escapologist and Adrobat Stroies are an added bonus and are beautifully orchestrated, as is the rest of the music. The boy who plays Bruce Bogtotter stands out as better than the English original, but I can't help but feel that some of Matilda's songs are lacking something, especially 'Naughty'. On the other hand, Milly Shapiro's rendition of Quiet is flawless. If you are a Matilda Fan, by both albums, if you only want one.. I'd listen to them both fully and choose from your own taste
on 14 October 2013
Great price from Amazon, Less than 1/2 of the iTunes price, so what I saved in money I lost in spent time trying to get MP3 files through that molasses called iTunes. Even to my daughter's untrained Swedish ear she could hear the difference between the West End and Broadway cast recordings.
on 3 January 2014
I went to see this on broadway and it was so good! I loved it, so I decided to download this. The reason i was disappointed is because the west end show is so so good and without the atmosphere and live performance the music sounds a bit...empty. I am in no way saying anything bad about this but all im saying is listening to this after the performance was disappointing. This seems a bit obvious after reading what ive written but i just wanna warn others.
on 24 June 2014
I bought this CD after watched the musical. It is brilliant! Especially my daughter. She is listening every day. I can remember all the musical.
on 14 July 2014
My five year old loves it. As does my wife.
on 24 March 2016
The Matilda cd helped me understand the wonderfully creative lyrics of this musical. I liked the music during the stage performance, but knew I had missed much of the details.
on 6 February 2016
Although this is the Broadway version, the songs from the West End show are all there, no real hint of an accent! My kids love listening to this all the time!
on 18 May 2015
great cd after seeing the show in the theatre it was a great treat for my daughter
on 10 June 2016
Love this musical and the sound track lives up to expectations
on 20 November 2015
My daughter loved this after seeing the show at the theatre!